Running Bear's Coffee Shop June 2018

Morning gang!
Supposed to reach 90 today - sky is clear and the UV is off scale high!
I see that no one wants to answer my question - more research is in order?
JUSTIN: Nice photo - Looks like a remodeled GP7 - Does that make it a GP18? I become lost on mods? Did I understand that you are looking to move?
Willie: GreatPhoto of you and Johnny! How neat is that that you should meet like that!
58? In the family - WOW ... you can start your own clan! Burgers and beer sounds good to me ...
The Spousal Unit and I had barbecue brisket sandwiches at a place called Sticky Fingers in Charleston.
One of the best I have ever had - we bought 3 bottles of their sauce!

Don't get me started on the pills ... Somedays I want to just say to Heck with it and stop taking any of them.

Good Morning Everyone....sunny and mild in this part of Wisconsin.

Finally gone down to the train room. Ran some trains and noticed a reoccurring problem with the DCC locomotives.

I have two Digitrax DB150 Booster/Command Stations and the one I'm using has a voltage output of 13.4 volts. Digitrax recommend a voltage output of approximately 15 volts. Some of the locomotives were not responding to the throttles or just acting strange. I change to the other DB150 and it has an output of 14.5 volts and the locomotives ran just fine. I need to adjust the output voltage to approximately 15 volts on both DB150's. I have a Ramp Meter so it should be an easy adjustment.

Quit working on the Walther's Crane rigging. No fun.

Just don't feel like working on the layout today....!

Truck needs a wash.

That's all for now.

Greg

######################################

Ok I need to make a correction.....the photo I posted is a GP16 not a GP18. Something the Seaboard Coast Line came up with to save money. They used their old GP7 and GP9 units to come up with the GP16. This was a program they used between 1979 and 1982.

Ok I need to make a correction.....the photo I posted is a GP16 not a GP18. Something the Seaboard Coast Line came up with to save money. They used their old GP7 and GP9 units to come up with the GP16. This was a program they used between 1979 and 1982.
Justin:
I sure am glad that you cleared that up for me!
Now I will be able to sleep better knowing that!

Much of the time these little fellows get ignored on our home layouts!
Arthur B Johnson gets the credit for this 1938 photo.
1528734677651.png

Bob - Don't know if this is a quirk of the forum that can be corrected or if it's on my end - - I usually travel with just an iPad and it lets me do just about anything on the internet. However, on my trip to Texas last week, while it let me get onto the forum and I could read other people's posts, it would not let me post. In fact it wouldn't even bring up the screen on which to type a message. That was the most frustrating part. In addition, it wouldn't let me access PMs. Any ideas?

All - forgot to mention in my post this morning - - last night I was just running trains. Remember I have a rather small layout, but I like to run multiple trains. So had two running at the same time on different mainlines that do converge for a while - forgot to switch one turnout and ended up derailing virtually every car in a 12-car config. Had a bear of a time getting them all back on track and coupled together. I'll blame it on the little plastic guy in the switch tower :D I'll learn!

Willie - Thanks for your nice comments. It was good to get acquainted and learn a little more about your life and interest in model rr-ing. One of these days I'd like to stop by and see the barn and the layout.

I'd like to see your MR IV ideas. I'm not sure what these stores will be in my town but I have several ideas. Main thing is to expand the town a bit and this will be perfect. Will post photos when it's farther along.

Good morning late. Only 40 degrees to start off the day. Saturday it was 92, Sunday we managed to hit 62 and probably won't get out of the 50's today.

Terry - That SD 90 is sweet. Thanks for the post.

Johnny - Glad the you were able to get together with Willie. Quite the photo. The gruesome twosome. Grin.gif

Greg - Quit working on the rigging? Wassup? I guess I can understand. Years ago I have build a number of sailing ship models and they can make one rummy working on the rigging. They do have an outstanding layout at the club. It is over 30 years old and work is always being done, a little at a time. If some major repairs or work has to be done, local members may come in during the week and take care of it. Unfortunately, visiting during the week is almost impossible for me. I wouldn't mind doing the work, but the round trip is nearly 100 miles. During operating sessions, one of the members wife is always working on some scenery project. She is the one who built the Gardiner scene. Sure would like to have her come over and work on mine. She really does some nice work. Garry - I think you would enjoy seeing the club layouts.

Willie - I should also get to work on some flat car loads. I have been putting one off. I have a Classic Metal Works GM bus that I can't use as the area I model is too rural and wouldn't have bus service. That bus would make a nice load.

Johnny - I can see why you're not adding anything to your layout. A move may not be the best thing for it.

Sherrel - Really like that old switcher photo.

Here is a rail picture for today.

April14th2007_GooseCreekPark_28.jpg

Later

Afternoon All,

Dealing with a stomach virus today. SIL is opening her eyes and looks at movement and sound but isn't talking yet.

Mark- The slope tender was used with smaller Pennsy steam switchers. The sloping part faces the cars being switched.

I hope that everyone has a good night. I'll catch up with everyone tomorrow.

Good afternoon...

Chet .... That photo appears to be an interurban electric line.

Curt ..... Sound like a slow recovery for your SIL.... Continued prayers.

Sherrel .... Nice photo of the Frsico switcher.

Here is my 0-6-0 switcher.

35982108014_0862e8f4c9_z.jpg

Whooopee! I managed to catch (by hand) that remaining (that I know of) baby armadillo just before lunch today. Took it off for release already. No picture because I think that you all know what they look like by now, and I wanted to get home and take my nap.

Good Afternoon.....over cast and cool.

Got the truck washed at the local car wash. $5 for a rinse job that is almost as good as a $10-12 wash. I wash weekly due to the pollen and bugs at the cabin, not to mention the birds and their crap.

Still feel no need to work on the trains.

Maybe tomorrow some trains??? Need to work on my Industrial area creating some flat landforms and wire a couple of buildings. Looking for trash to put into the junk yard area.

That's all for now.

PS: I enjoy looking at the photos at the top of the page.

Greg

###################

Back