Running Bear's Coffee Shop August 2018

TOOT The dozer loads look fabulous, seeing them again still bring back memories. You have set the standard on those I think!!
Dave

TOOT The dozer loads look fabulous, seeing them again still bring back memories. You have set the standard on those I think!!
Dave
I've still got the rest of the chains to do when I get a "round tuit" and I've bought 2 more of the same ones that Diecast Masters have produced in a fancy tin box (more expensive of course). They have taken over much of the Norscot range and also the front loaders that "Trucks'N'Stuff started to make. I'm also glad MTH recently released more of the TTX HTTX flat cars. Oddly enough, Intermountain Trains have, or are doing the same with their similar flat cars, which previously only came as OTTX, but now in both designations. They are not as highly detailed as the MTH, but do have the advantage of real wooden decks (laser cut boards). The main differences in the real world, apart from some slight physical, as I understand it, is the weight of the chains used. HTTX have 1/2" and OTTX, 3/8". I have found one or two pics of heavy earthmoving equipment on the OTTX cars, one a 627G Scraper, which is still in that new makers range. Mostly the OTTX's seem to be found carrying farm machinery.
1535860659581.png

Look what else I bought!

MTH GP 35 set up to run with DCC. From the master of cv, Terry. I only wish Terry sold Lionel.
View attachment 30190
I don't know what MTH's GP35's are like, but if they're anything like their SD70ACE's, they should have good traction. Those 6 axle locos I mentioned are 1/2lb heavier in comparison to the Genesis ones.

Back