Status
Not open for further replies.
More aerial photos:
Arkansas Pulp Mill 4-9-2019.jpg

Pulp Mill in Eastern Arkansas.

Arkansas River 4-9-2019.jpg

Arkansas River

Afternoon All,

Drove up to see Jon and Phil today and had the usual fun time. Jon let me listen to the new TCS decoder with Baldwin Sound installed in a set of BLI Sharks. It sounds incredible and I highly recommend it. After getting home I sprayed weeds that had started growing in the driveway cracks.

Greg- Nice looking junk yard and caboose.

Joe- Interesting photo.

Chuck- Nice looking paint job.

Willie- Nice auto dealership and a impressive group of bikers.

Patrick- A really nice job on the bridge.

Chet- Nice scene and weathering.

Justin- Nice photos.

Dave- Interesting photos.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Justin -- The comment about the a/c fixin's was funny!
Do you have a lot of those problems?
I have them more than I want. Driver's here get to complaining when the temperature is in the 70s about not having AC in their trucks. I'm on number three today. It's more of an annoyance than anything. Mostly because I'm the only who knows how to work the AC machine. The older techs don't care to learn. So I'm the AC man in the shop. Handle everyone's complaints.

I'm going to touch on another railroad I should probably touch on more often. The redheaded step child of Chessie. The Western Maryland. Some nice pics I found I'll share with y'all. I got motivated on this from an aerial view of their old train yard that is nothing more than dilapidated buildings. Mostly reclaimed by nature now. I couldn't find any pictures of I today. I'm guessing it's the Western Maryland Ridgeley yard? Anyways. Here's some Western Maryland pics.
wmhopperselkins.jpg
WM 53 F7+1 near LITTLE ORLEANS, MD 1974.jpg
002000.jpg

Justin: I have some WM coal hoppers that I purchased for my coal mine operations and will weather them with black power to hide some of the WM markings since they are going to operated on the CM&N. They will get real coal for loads.

Greg

I have them more than I want. Driver's here get to complaining when the temperature is in the 70s about not having AC in their trucks. I'm on number three today. It's more of an annoyance than anything. Mostly because I'm the only who knows how to work the AC machine. The older techs don't care to learn. So I'm the AC man in the shop. Handle everyone's complaints.

Just be happy that my Spousal Unit does not drive for you! She keeps me frozen all the time -- never got above 73 here today and I get in the car and the A/C is set at 65 with the blower on high!

BTW - Like the WM photos - I'm sure Karl must be drooling?

Good evening all . Spent a couple of hours with CURT at JON'S home. Watched the Master [JON} fix CURTS tt.
So glad I don't have anything fancier than my turnouts to worry about.

From the end of our driveway, watched the rocket go up. Not the rocket it self, just the flames from the engines. No sonic booms.

Prayers and Blessing for all.
Phil

Montanan I've never had much luck with PT's. After 4 visits I've had enough, no improvement in my sciatic nerve problem. Going to see a neurologist May 9 maybe I'll do better there. My wife and I pay a lot money for our health insurance. I'd rather pay it then have the government decide who I should see and why.

George

Good morning ! It's clear and 69* , going up to 88* later. Next 3 days to hit 90 or 91.
Coffee almost ready.
I enjoy seeing all the the pictures that you folks post. Am saddened by the ills that befall us
Prayers for all,
Phil

Good morning ! It's clear and 69* , going up to 88* later. Next 3 days to hit 90 or 91.
Coffee almost ready.
I enjoy seeing all the the pictures that you folks post. Am saddened by the ills that befall us
Prayers for all,
Phil
You have to be alive to feel pain.

42 and drippy (47 at the airport, a mile away).

Finally got the taxes done last night. Despite all the people who have had "unexpected" increases in their amount owed, ours came in right on my guestimate. Which was good because, as it was, I had to call my bank to authorize a credit card payment to IRS that exceeded the daily limit. It was that damned ring we were beaten into buying on St Kitts a year ago. For the new folks here who didn't hear the story, all I'll say is: Never walk into a jewelry store while on vacation. If you do, and they offer you water, they've marked you as a live one; if they break out the champagne, run like hell.

I'm hoping to get down to the basement today. The wife and SIL are going out for the day, thrift-shopping and church-sailing, so I'll be on my own. Got a full night's sleep and an feeling pretty good.

Mark - Guten Tag Herr Frauleins

To the best of my limited German language memory, you posted "Good Day mr. Misses!

Your best limited German was all that was necessary! Unless of course the guys name was "Frauleins"

Forecast says we might get a couple-three more inches of the white stuff. Drove to town yesterday and I could not believe the traffic while, the occasional white outs were happening. I needed to return the wall paper steamer, otherwise be charged an extra day for it's rental. Speaking of "Steaming Off Wall Paper", if I never do that again it will be too soon. The progress on the kitchen goes slowly! Today our new cabinets are supposed to be delivered; however, Mother Nature's latest ill tempered Winter Storm might have put the Cye-bosh on that!

By the way, the warm temps and clear skies stated by Yours Truly for yesterday was a "Bold Faced Lie"!

"Flo" If you could be so kind, couple of Svedish Pancakes. link sausage, O.J. and maybe some Coffee!

Good morning Everybody!

Life is returning to normal, close enough for me anyway.

This story exemplifies what it means to me to be, a great baseball player, person, an American and a true tough guy. True tough guys don't talk tough, they live it.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ml...ng-against-marlins/ar-BBVMuNc?ocid=spartanntp

Boris the birds have lots of heart, but not much pitching so far. They never give up, they battle through the last AB.

In Chris Davis' last 12 plate appearances he has hit the ball hard (90+mph off the bat) in 9 of those trips to the plate, with nothing to show for it. That's baseball, but he is no longer chasing pitches. I'm betting he will turn this thing around. Maybe what he needs is a broken bat bloop single to get back on track?

Good morning everyone. 40 and sunny out there. Winter's back for a couple of days. I'm with the cat:

1555071626162.png

Been absent a couple of days. Too much going on. My wife flew back from Chicago - all tests went well, she remains cancer-free. Picked her up at the airport here and went right to the office - she's a workaholic, and I'm about 90% workaholic. But retirement is around the corner - - just not sure which corner (that's "CORNER" not "CORONER"). And lots going on here at the office.

I've enjoyed all the photos posted over the past couple of days. I'll post again soon.

Have a good day everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back