Running Bear's April 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got out of the doctors office minus the staples. Start PT Wednesday morning. Not really looking forward to the first few weeks as there is still quite a bit of swelling. May have to bring some whiskey.

Hope things work out for you Beady.
Does this help any?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    280.9 KB · Views: 229
Dave: Thanks, I'm going to need patience to move all the addresses. Before I logged in to the forum, I set up all sorts of new folders so hopefully I can find stuff.

Like the photo. the use of real and slightly darkened twigs is an interesting technique. Never thought of doing that.

Boris

Hi Boris,

I actually partially burned the twigs and also used some of the ash pieces on the ground. It was tough getting the dry sticks to only partially burn, I had to use water in conjunction with the fire

Good afternoon ... I had a busy morning, and now I'm just checking in .

Mark ... Many thanks for the kit-bashing contest. .... I was embarrassed to win because there are some more deserving kitbashings in this forum. .

Chet .... Best wishes as you do PT. .... Hopefully, you will fully recover and can do all you could before surgery. I like your depot scene.

Justin ... I'm very glad to hear your daughter is recovering. I like the coal mine photos because I am still working on my coal mine scene. I'll try to replicate the grime around the tracks.

Willie.... That is an impressive fire house.

Dave LASM ... I'm impressed with your scene of an area where it is regrowing from a forest fire.

Johnny ..... I like your downtown scene with many pedestrians.

truckdad, It can't hurt. Just took a glance in the liquor locker and came up with these, but I do know where I can get more. Grin.gif

thumbnail_20190401_132638.jpg

Have another Pendleton and Jack.

Beady
- Good luck with the torn rotator. Min was completely shot, that's why I had to get the shoulder replacement. Have a copy of the xray. Think I better stay away from airports (commercial).

Justin
- Outstanding photos. Thanks for the post.

Johnny
- Like the building interiors. Excellent photo.

I think a session in the train room is in order.

Later

Good Afternoon All,

Another bunch of great photos today. Good luck Chet. Accomplished nothing today.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Greetings all. It's been an exciting past week for me. My Grandson graduated Boot Camp at Paris Island Marine Base on Fri. His platoon won the 1st place honors for this training cycle in his Brigade, and was also the 1st Marine Platoon to incorporate female Marines coed in the training program. (Not the same living quarters tho). He's getting married this Sat, (quick wedding so wife and can get benefits), as she is pregnant with my Great Grand Daughter. And when they get married, I'll have a 5yr old step great grand daughter. Anyways, thanks for listening. Just a proud Grampa here. Oh, BTW. once his basic combat training is done, he will be going into aircraft maint. fixed wing, at Pensacola NAS. I was 9 yrs USAF, and did acft maint. When I got out I was a SAC Crew Chief on D Model 52's. Anyway, thnx for letting me ramble. I do get winded occasionally. LOL

Greetings all. It's been an exciting past week for me. My Grandson graduated Boot Camp at Paris Island Marine Base on Fri. His platoon won the 1st place honors for this training cycle in his Brigade, and was also the 1st Marine Platoon to incorporate female Marines coed in the training program. (Not the same living quarters tho). He's getting married this Sat, (quick wedding so wife and can get benefits), as she is pregnant with my Great Grand Daughter. And when they get married, I'll have a 5yr old step great grand daughter. Anyways, thanks for listening. Just a proud Grampa here. Oh, BTW. once his basic combat training is done, he will be going into aircraft maint. fixed wing, at Pensacola NAS. I was 9 yrs USAF, and did acft maint. When I got out I was a SAC Crew Chief on D Model 52's. Anyway, thnx for letting me ramble. I do get winded occasionally. LOL

Dana.....congratulations to your son on such a milestone! Has to be a proud papa moment to you as well! I thank him for his service.

Just like that a torn rotator cuff? Did I miss something or were you our shoveling snow?
It actually started a couple of months ago. It's a bone spur, just like my other shoulder a few years ago. Last time, the surgery was via a scope and recovery was more annoying than anything, not at all like Chet has been going through.

One reason, other than family, we moved here when I retired was that it's near two big medical schools, MSU and U of M, and several major hospitals affiliated with major medical organizations such as the Mayo Clinic and Johns Hopkins. My wife had her knee replaced a couple of years ago and was walking that evening (with help). Another big help was that I elected to keep full insurance, rather than some sort of supplemental plan. Our healthcare here has been excellent, with the most modern equipment and techniques, several levels above what we experienced in Vermont.

I got out of the doctors office minus the staples. Start PT Wednesday morning. Not really looking forward to the first few weeks as there is still quite a bit of swelling. May have to bring some whiskey.

Hope things work out for you Beady.
Thanx. I'm not terribly worried (see my other post). At worst, I've got plenty of whiskey and vodka and can spend the springtime unconscious. The wife can just deposit me on the front porch and turn me occasionally so I tan evenly.

My wife just gave me some great news. No, not that! She managed to save my photos after working on my computer for 2 days. Everything else is lost it appears, but they're what I wanted the most.
Good news! Now, go get an external hard drive!

My Grandson graduated Boot Camp at Paris Island Marine Base on Fri. His platoon won the 1st place honors for this training cycle in his Brigade

Dana: Hoorah! and Congratulations. My son graduated from Paris Island in October 2002. He also went to NAS Pensacola, for Avionics, the to Camp Pendelton for Rotary Wing training. I'm sure you are equally proud. Good luck to your new Marine and his New Family!

I actually partially burned the twigs and also used some of the ash pieces on the ground. It was tough getting the dry sticks to only partially burn, I had to use water in conjunction with the fire

Dave: I suspected as much. Your technique worked, and you attained the effect you were looking for.

In case anybody missed it, today is Conrail Day.

Terry: You're right, it is. That's 43 years of service for something considered an April Fool joke on Day 1. Conrail, of course still exists as a Terminal company owned by the NS and CSX, essentially operating what was the old Philadelphia Division and the Detroit Terminal.

She managed to save my photos after working on my computer for 2 days

Curt: That's great. Shame the rest wasn't recoverable. Beady offered some good advice, about an external hard drive, which should also follow.

Afternoon gents. My proto pic for the day has a rare BNSF powered covered hopper consist on CN’s Superior division in Marshfield, WI.

Mike: Good photo. The truck hauling the logs is also very interesting.

Have another Pendleton and Jack.

Chet: Send over a double of each. I can use one. That was great news from the Doc. Good luck with the PT.

Beady: Good luck with the Rotor cuff.

Have a good evening.

Boris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back