Running Bear’s September 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe.....
If you’re looking to pick up TML games, streaming subscription is available thru NHL. TV. Unfortunately, it likely won’t help you with Devils games, due to similar blackout protocols that MLB.TV uses. If we had NHL tv package, our blackout team would be the Wild.

Mike:
Thanks, I have subscribed to NHL TV (and MLB TV) since 2008 or so. NHL Blackout rules for my Zip Code, call for blacking out the Devils, Islanders, and Rangers to protect MSG Network, and for some reason, the Flyers games, even though they (and Comcast), are out of market. During pre-season, the Devils were providing a live stream for games not televised on MSG.

My son lives in Northern New York, less than 26 miles from Kingston, ONT, and roughly 50 miles from Ottawa. He can access Senators and Habs games on NHL TV, but Buffalo, Rangers, Islanders and Devils games are blacked out. Go figure.
I normally watch the Capitals and Maple Leafs on NHL TV, but I wouldn't mind watching some Devils games. I expect they will be an exciting and entertaining team to watch this season.

MLB TV is most interesting. If I use my laptop to watch MLB games, I sit in the kitchen, and Phillies games are blacked out, but I can pick up Mets or Yankees games. From my family room, using a notebook, or smart phone, or the MLB Network on Roku on the TV, I get the Phillies and the Yankees and Mets are blacked out....Same house, same WIFI IP address, just a different device....Go figure.

As more people cut the cord, the blackout rules are going to have to change, or the fan base will lose interest.

Joe

I have been busy out in the shop getting some last minute details taken care of on 8 cars which are headed to the Barrett-Jackson Auction in Lost Wages this weekend. There will be a bidder preview on Thursday so the truck will be here tomorrow morning to load things up. I'll probably leave some time tomorrow also. I stand a better chance of not only selling, but getting a better price than listing them on sites like ebay Motors and other web sites. Will try to check in over the weekend. Will most likely head back o Saturday as that is the day that the high dollar cars go up for auction. I am scheduled for Thursday and Friday auctions.

Good luck Chet.

Willie: Nice engines. The detail is outstanding.

Took the wife's Caddie in for service today, had a slow leak tire fixed, oil change, replaced a tire pressure sensor and had the brake pads on the front replaced. The cars a 2008, CTS, and this is the first time I had to replace the pads. Rear are still 50%, with no excess wear.

I have been missed acknowledging some of the outstanding work y'all are doing on your layouts. I have been more active recently, and that leaves less time for forums.

Have a good evening.

Boris

Howdy ...

Truc Train I like reefers.

Johnny ... very good progress on your layout.

Willie ... I see you are already back in the train shed. The Santa Fe locos are beautiful.

Greg ... That is a good idea for holding freight car shells for weathering.

We went to Nashville today to visit family . I took this photo of a Nashville & Eastern train.

07A40F6D-23AA-432D-9170-695A7D3ADD93.jpeg

Try having to deal your undefeated(well, not any longer) favorite team’s qb(including a strip-6 to seal the game) turn the ball over 4 times & defense gives up a half-century to a team that lost to the Bergen County Giants.

As the old saying goes "on any given Sunday, any team can beat any other team"

That does not make things any easier for us fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back