Running Bear’s September 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baltimore Memories - ‎Baltimore,Maryland Memories
Union Station - 1500 North Charles Street - Baltimore, MD, circa 1890
1568113426347.png

Morning all,

1568119077675.png

Thought I'd try this this morning. One of the last pictures of Lone Star coming into Wichita's union station. Amtrak stopped rail service to Wichita in 1979.

Closest rail point is Newton, KS where you can catch the South West Chief at either 2:45 am Westbound or 2:19 am Eastbound.
So much for rail travel out of Doo-Dah. I can catch a shuttle bus that goes between Newton and Oklahoma City to catch the Heartland Flyer. I'm tempted to treat the grand kids to ride a real passenger train between OKC and Ft. Worth, but don't know what to do in Ft. Worth for the 5 hours between the round trip.

Good Morning All. 74° and mostly clear. Only expected to reach 93° today and the next ten days, instead of the 98° of the last two weeks. Might even have some scattered clouds later today! Another day on the mower yesterday, almost completed the rotation around the estate, then it starts over again without a break! Just as I stopped for lunch, I had a visit from a pair of Jehovah's Witnesses. I recognized one of them from a visit about ten years ago, (amputated hand gave him away), the other was a newbie. We had a cordial visit and I deterred any religious conversation by explaining that I was still going to the local Catholic church weekly. They left without leaving any literature to clutter up my garbage.
Speaking of the church, I wish that I could model it for the layout. St Peter's Catholic Church in Lindsay TX.
2012 04 30 362.jpg

2012 04 30 197.jpg

Hello Francine, I'm over here behind Louis. Hmmmh! I didn't realize that you had Taylor Ham until I saw Joe with it yesterday, I'll take some of that with a pair of sunny-side up eggs this morning.

Thanks for the likes and comments about the Coco Club yesterday; Chet, Chad, Sherrel, Patrick, Mikey, Tom, Justin, Ken, Louis.
Here's an overall picture of the whole block, it's a Downtown Deco hydrocal structure called Addam's Ave. Part II.
05-04-15 007.JPG

Closeup of Madam Wong's and 24 Hour Bail Bonds.
05-04-15 010.JPG

Out in the train shed yesterday, I had a mixed day. I did spray paint all of the main line and passing siding in the latest project area on the outskirts of downtown Maultown. I also did a little work altering and painting some of the Chinese figures that I got as a Christmas gift last year; and I made some trees since that stuff was still out. I also ran a few trains around the upper level since I now have it available for continuous running.

Chet - I don't like a lot of excessive technology either, didn't even have a cell phone until eleven months ago. Wife bought the vacuum cleaner because she planned on being immobile and she doesn't like the way I sweep! :eek: It just showed up one day on the porch.
Mikey - I like hand-painting those Preiser figures. They come in some realistic poses as well.
Curt - Belated Happy Birthday, wherever you are. Hope to see you back soon.
Ken - Good news on the surgery recovery. Best wishes continue.

Everybody have a great day.

Last time I was in the DFW area was to get to the airport to catch a plane that United canceled in Wichita.

I like that church. When was it built?

Reminds me that there's a small church in Pretty Prairie KS that would be an interesting, but simple church for a layout (New Jerusalem). Simple box structure with a shorter bell tower. I have no affiliation with it (I use Willie's excuse with the Jehova's witnesses), but I think it is a quintessential small town church.

Last edited:
Good morning. 41 degrees and rain to start off the day. Probably won't get out of the 50's today. Had to get the fire going this morning to take the chill off. The first time we really needed to use it. I think it will do a really nice job come winter. Only took a few minuted to warm the room up.

thumbnail_20190910_081716.jpg

IBKen - That is good news about the surgery. Hoping there are no more problems.

Louis - More fine photos again. Keep them coming.

Willie - That is a beautiful church, but would be a booger to try to recreate. Like the photos.

Joe - Looking forward to seeing the packing plant. Here's what O ended up with having to modify yr cattle pens. Had to leave quite a bit out to fit into the space.

20180115_170516.jpg

Hoping that the F-7 B unit shows up tomorrow. Walthers sent it Fed Ex and the last scan was in Aurora, CO when it was turned over to the postal service.

Later

Today at 10:29 AM
Today at 10:29 AM

Good morning. 41 degrees and rain to start off the day. Probably won't get out of the 50's today. Had to get the fire going this morning to take the chill off. The first time we really needed to use it. I think it will do a really nice job come winter. Only took a few minuted to warm the room up.

It has taken until now for me to get over my mad at your weather today.
Central Alabama today was 98 degrees F, 71% humidity and a heat index of 107 degrees F.
I am not sure I am ready to brave that kind of temperature when bow and arrow deer season starts Oct. 15th.

Walthers sent it Fed Ex and the last scan was in Aurora, CO when it was turned over to the postal service.
Sounds like me, trying to find out where my 'ACe is via Fed Ex and then the Global Shipping Program. Got a tracking number from the seller which indicates USPS Priority (Normal for ebay's GSP). Seller shipped Aug 30. USPS still saying "label created, but not yet in system" Last shown by Fed Ex as being at Erlanger KY on the 3rd Sept. So I figured I'd contact ebay to find out where it is. Went to my recent purchases to refer to and here is the same tracking number on it for the first time. Seems it's just a bit down the road from me, but not out for delivery yet. Still allowing another week even though it's only 2 hours away. Could come in the next coupl'a days.

Good morning Everybody.

A solemn anniversary today, we shall never forget.
1568196499543.png

It's also the anniversary of the birth of my Dalmatian, Guardian Mickey Puppy Bruette my daughter named him. I called him by many names, Mick was the one I used most often. He was a great friend and even after 18 years I still miss him dearly. As time passes I usually think of all the good memories, but for some reason today I woke up thinking of our last day together. I held him in my arms as they euthanized him. His kidneys had failed and I was left with no other solution.

Time to think of happier things.

Have a great day Everybody.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back