Running Bear’s September 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beady, I'm sorry, that was my way of paying you a complement.

I tell my kids and grandkids "the only way we can form a practical opinion about someone is to ask ourselves; are they more good than bad? Nobody is perfect, nobody is all good or all bad.

You are obviously an experienced and learned man, with a good moral compass. You bring a lot to the forum with your, often deep and thought provoking input.

On the other hand, some of those pictures you post are often grotesque and disgusting. I know they are ment as a "tongue in cheek" form of "shock and awe". Merely a product of your twisted sense of humor. I don't have to look at them, but my God man, they can't be unseen! :)

Forgive me if you took my comments as anything other than a compliment. Bottom line; I think you are a great guy and I am very happy to share this forum with you. Having you as a member of the forum makes it a better place, all in all. ;)

I got pulled away by a phone call. I ended up on the couch watching TV. Later in the afternoon I went to work.

Work was a PITA, I had several deliveries to luxury apartments. It can be difficult to get past the automated security at these places. That makes it a time consuming process and caused me to get caught in rush hour traffic, 30 miles from home. What otherwise could have taken me a little over an hour, took 2.5 hours. I got all my packages delivered and got paid for 3 hours. Any time I deliver all my packages I consider it a good day.

After work I ate a great dinner my wife made. I don't know what to call it, left over chicken breasts, tomatoes, onions, peppers, rice and of course Hungarian paprika. It was great!

We followed that up by watching a lifetime movie she started watching as she made dinner. Watched the news afterwards, sad news about Dorian and mass shootings.

After my wife went to bed I tucked my grandson in and I watched the Orioles until I feel asleep on the couch.

We all get busy from time to time, for various reasons.
Ah, not a problem. We've got enough history that it didn't bother me.

And tell me about being busy. I hit the wall yesterday; after two weeks of cleaning out my mother's old apartment, I physically could do no more. Today, we're leaving for Dayton, to spend some time playing with two of our grandnephews as a form of R&R.

Good morning. 58 degrees and overcast and raining this morning. Looks like we'll be in a bit of a cooling trend for the next week with the highs in the 60's and 70's.

Don't have to go out of town today. Meeting reset to next Monday SOOOooo HAPPY ANNIVERSARY GARRY.

Here's an update on Greg. Spoke to his wife today and it seems that he had a set back and has been in ICU. She is hoping that he'll get out today and hopefully be able to leave the hospital next week. Prayers for him. She will bring him his smart phone so he may be able to check into the forum if he feels a bit better.

Beady - That phone has a serious problem. The prices on new phones is getting to be crazy. Years ago you could get a free replacement phone almost every year and now they are so expensive that they are now leasing them.

Johnny - The barn is looking good. Nice job.

Sherrel; - Hope they get that fire contained.

Willie - Nice photo. I have used chart pack for striping but found that in time a lot of it would lift from the surface. You get a heck of a deal on vehicles from Larry. We don't have many (any) train shows and what vehicles I see I already have or are not for my time period.

Went to the club yesterday and got to try out the RDC I picked up. I was impressed with it a lot. Once it visited the programming track and got the volume setting adjusted put it on the track and figured out how to set the lights. Here it is at the station in out east subdivision.

thumbnail_20190905_135114.jpg

Really like how it reacts to the throttle. The sound is good. Ran it over to the station in Gardiner to drop off passengers.

thumbnail_20190905_143243.jpg

After dropping off passengers, it moved to the passing track waiting for its next departure time.

thumbnail_20190905_150608.jpg

here it is again leaving Gardiner along the Yellowstone river passing the Devils Slide.

thumbnail_20190905_152622.jpg

It was extremely difficult to operate two trains, the RDC and the F-7 freight train moving through the three rooms that the layout is in trying to be polite moving among the visitors and keeping an eye on the other trains on the layout. Almost had one head on when another train was running in the opposite direction. Git withing a few inches before we got them stopped. Backed up a few feet into a passing siding to let it pass. This was my fault by not paying attention to the signal lights. Wreck averted.

The next photo is the RDC passing the freight train on the summit of the pass. Pulled the freight into that passing siding to let the RDC pass.

thumbnail_20190905_145934 (2).jpg

Here it is slowing to let passenger see the bears and the cub climbing the phone pole.

thumbnail_20190905_152238.jpg

One last photo of it passing the end of the main yard crossing the bridge.

thumbnail_20190905_152848 (2).jpg

Very happy with the RDC.

One last note. When I got home I noticed an email from Walthers. They repaired my F-7 B unit. Said they repaired both of the truck and test ran it with no problems. Should be here next Wednesday so I will be able to run it at the club next week.

Later

Morning fellers. I hope everyone is doing well. No trains last night. I decided to take the night off. Think tonight I'll repair my coal camp houses for the layout. It'll be really tedious to say the least. It'll need to get done though no way around that. I was reminded yesterday why I almost never post any of my layout pics in any of the group's I follow on Facebook. Critics are everywhere in there and are very particular about everything. It's annoying sometimes.

I'll suggest two words for those critics and I bet you can guess what they would be. If you are too nice to tell them yourself I'll be happy to say them for you. :)

Keep posting your pics on here because I enjoy them and I'm sure others do as well!

I usually only like posts with images, but your avatar is so cool that I like all of your posts!
1567781807546.png

Morning fellers. I hope everyone is doing well. No trains last night. I decided to take the night off. Think tonight I'll repair my coal camp houses for the layout. It'll be really tedious to say the least. It'll need to get done though no way around that. I was reminded yesterday why I almost never post any of my layout pics in any of the group's I follow on Facebook. Critics are everywhere in there and are very particular about everything. It's annoying sometimes.

Hey, Chessie - New guys like me (well, I guess I'm still a newby, even though I've been into the hobby for over three years now) enjoy all photos. I post some of mine even though (like today's photo of the barn) they're not super great. But I get suggestions for improvement and I get likes from a lot of the guys on this forum, and that's encouraging. Besides, I get ideas from seeing others' photos. Keep posting, and don't worry about the critics, especially on this forum.

Good morning Everybody!

It's only 62 under mostly clear skies in southeast Baltimore. It's predicted to be a beautiful day today!

I still say "everyday is a good day, some are just better than others"

Have a great day Everybody!

Ah, not a problem. We've got enough history that it didn't bother me.

And tell me about being busy. I hit the wall yesterday; after two weeks of cleaning out my mother's old apartment, I physically could do no more. Today, we're leaving for Dayton, to spend some time playing with two of our grandnephews as a form of R&R.

I'm glad to hear I did not upset you.

Try to stop short of the wall, it's hard enough to recover at our age without adding the impact of hitting the wall to it. I learned that the hard way.

Have a fun and safe trip.

Good Morning - It's 66* going up towards 91* today under clearness. It was 97* yesterday and the record was 101* in 2010.

Seems as if I had several comments to make about postings, but Louis clouded my mind with the catalog of photos today and now I am going to have to backtrack in order to collect my thoughts again.

BTW, Louis, I am not being critical ... just looking at those really nice and colorful photos made me lose my thoughts (which is getting easy to do).

CHET - Your photos of the RDC at the club were the BOMB!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back