Running Bear’s September 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waiting to see which way DORIAN is going. Do I need to put up the rest of the shutters??
Have had three bands of heavy rain come in but only lasted for 6 to 8 minutes . Right now it's beautiful., not to hot, mid 80's.
Hope y'all having a good day.
Phil

Not sure were exactly you are but considering what this storm has done to Abaco and Grand Bahama you might not want to take any chances. And yes that is a fish swimming past somebodys window in the Bahamas

98A4392C-686F-4014-B229-87760D1F8F0C.jpeg

Last edited:
Good morning guys,

Been AWOL lately, busy labor day weekend preceded by a grueling work week. Today actually looks a little calm around the office.

Justin, I enjoy your layout photos

Flip, I hope the brunt of the storm misses you

Johnny, nice tunnel scene/activity

Willie, that is another nice mortar job!

I spent two nights camping up at our land. Unfortunately, ate breakfast out two days and both were a total dud. Guess they have a hard time finding good help over the holiday weekends. Should have settled for my oatmeal at the campsite. Beth came up Sunday and we piled a bunch of brush in the afternoon, left our old Suburban up there since will be moving into a new apartment next weekend and parking is a lot more limited over there.

Here is another angle of the Groningen depot:

IMG_1336.JPG

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Garry!

Morning Gang --- Flo, how about a couple of those egg, cheese, and sausage biscuits that Willie likes to brag about - and a glass of OJ with them? It's not any cooler around here. We have been "bumping" 100* every day - and yesterday there was a few scattered thundershowers around. The lightning show after dark was impressive! in the mountains to the south. I hear that we are getting a monsoonal flow from a large high-pressure over the four corners area. Anyhoo, the humidity has been rough; I rolled the saw out in the drive yesterday to cut a bunch of strips for my SIL and just about fainted from the heat and sweating - tee shirt was actually wet. I should have come in and checked the humidity - I will today as I am sure that the same conditions will prevail, and will for the remainder of the week. It's supposed to drop back to the high 80's by Friday after topping out in the 103* area Wed and Thur.
Maybe we will get a sudden shower out of it, but I won't hold my breath.

Had to get up early and put the trash bins out as I was not going to fight the heat anymore yesterday. Just said that as I noticed that the humidity is quite high for 7-8 in the morning. Going to go to the therapist this morning with the Spousal Unit judt for support and to hear what they are thinking. Willie, wife does have one of those 3 point cane as well as a two-wheel walker we borrowed from the neighbor who had knee surgery about a year ago. Rod's a Viet Vet and they get a ton of stuff from the VA including eye-glasses and hearing aids - which he gave me his older ones - except one does not work - and I never can think to take it somewhere and see if it can be repaired without them trying to get me to spend a ton on a new one?

OK, I've yaked enough - In the words of Arnold, "I'll be back".

Good morning.

548.gif Garry. Party hardy.

Justin
- Nice photos. Like the work you did ballasting. Well done.

Louis
- Really like the photo of the double header steamers on the bridge. The Little Italy photo is a winner also.

Dave - Good photo.

Willie - The walls look a lot better.. Took care of the question on the paint. Saw it yesterday on the phone but hate trying to respond using the phone.

Our guests have left to visit friends in Red Lodge, MT and then onto the trip over the Beartooth Highway on into Yellowstone Park.

Actually got something done in the train dept. Replaced to couplers that came with the RDC with the smaller Kadee 158's. Think the smaller couplers look better. Did remove the trip pins as Rapido advises not to pull any other cars with the RDC. May have to look into putting figures inside the RDC. There is a Mars light in the RDC but a hold has to be driller through the front door. May be a project for a later date.

thumbnail_20190902_144337.jpg thumbnail_20190902_142433.jpg

Got chores to take care of.

Later

Evening fellers. I hope everyone is doing well. Thanks to everyone for the kind compliments and likes on my layout photos. I have a good one to share with y'all. I picked this up off eBay awhile back. It's another C&O cameo boxcar. I suppose the previous owner didn't store it very well. I'm pretty sure it was put together and forgotten about. Or maybe they like the true realistic look of rust? They didn't seem to mind the horn hook couplers. I have my work cut out for me on this one.
IMG_20190903_175832716.jpg

Just popping in to say Hello. I'm still here,and I'm doing rather well. To our friends in the path of Dorian, I hope that you are safe, and out of harm's way. Good luck,and may God be with you. Take care all. William.

Evening fellers. I hope everyone is doing well. Thanks to everyone for the kind compliments and likes on my layout photos. I have a good one to share with y'all. I picked this up off eBay awhile back. It's another C&O cameo boxcar. I suppose the previous owner didn't store it very well. I'm pretty sure it was put together and forgotten about. Or maybe they like the true realistic look of rust? They didn't seem to mind the horn hook couplers. I have my work cut out for me on this one. View attachment 39158

'Nuf said?
1567558508533.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back