Running Bear’s August 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Saturday to All.
I can't seem to keep up with everything nowadays. I read all the posts here as well as many other threads, but then I forget to comment on some that I should. Thanks for all the sympathy over my vehicle issues the other day. That was a REAL barn burner there for a while. I stopped by the auto collision shop yesterday on the way back from the Dr. appointment and I learned that the estimate was being tallied, however, the manager said that most likely the car would be totaled due to the cost of parts; I really hate that as it was still a very good runner even though it was 13 years old - and we could haul lots of stuff in it as per people and suitcases. Of course, the other thing I hate is the fact that we will on;y receive peanuts for it; daughter said: "Well, I guess that I made the decision for you on whether to sell the Pacifica or the Truck"

PHIL -- Lv the WC Fields quote! It works!

JOE/Louis ... I NEVER liked the DH -- The pitcher deserves a turn at bat - and some of them can hit pretty well!
I too am "sick and tired" of the rain delay batters. I do a lot of screaming at the TV with all the "adjustments" to gloves, bats, and whatever else they can find to tug after every pitch while at the plate.

Garry - Bunch of very nice pictures - awesome lighthouse!

Willie - Glad to here that Arlene is making progress - following closely.

IB Ken -- Ugg - That's nasty! Sure hope you are feeling better today. You don't need that in the already "weakened" state of your body right now. Take care as best you can.

I know that I am forgetting several people - forgive me -
Oh, it's supposed to be 96 today .. was 97 yesterday and not a cloud in the sky- has been over two months without a drop!

. . . Ken-- never heard of the BRAT diet. Interesting. Might not work for me since applesauce gives me the runs.
. . .
Sorry to hear that Dave! Apple cider does that to me. As for the others, I think I might be allergic to bananas; rice without flavoring is unappetizing to me; and I've never been much of an applesauce eater. So I end up just eating dry, crunchy foods when I'm GI-compromised.

. . . IB Ken -- Ugg - That's nasty! Sure hope you are feeling better today. You don't need that in the already "weakened" state of your body right now. Take care as best you can.
. . .
Sherrell I'm feeling much better today, thanks! Back to just figuring out ways to deal effectively with this post-op "handicap" when I'm in public places for > an hour or two.

On the vehicle situation, I'm guessing your daughter probably doesn't have enough of a financial "cushion" to contribute toward a comparable vehicle...[?]

Sherrell I'm feeling much better today, thanks! Back to just figuring out ways to deal effectively with this post-op "handicap" when I'm in public places for > an hour or two.

On the vehicle situation, I'm guessing your daughter probably doesn't have enough of a financial "cushion" to contribute toward a comparable vehicle...[?]

Sorry -- I cannot help you on the "post-op handicap" ... hopefully, that will pass in a few more days?
You are correct about my daughter ... Her plate is full at the moment even though she has a very good job.
I don't even want to mention what she is going through, but it would make a good movie (depending on the final outcome)?

Good Morning Everyone..............beautiful day in this part of Wisconsin.

Slowly getting better after the tick bite, eating very little and drinking liquids. Sort weak in the knees and legs. I'm half half through the antibiotic treatment. Sleep pattern is way off from what it should be for a normal person.

My model railroading is limited to the web, reading magazines and emails. I received an invitation to visit Seth Puffer's railroad which I'll do next year. It's in Minnesota and I'll take the Hiawatha to get there from Milwaukee.

IronBeltKen: Recovery takes time and some adjustments to your life as it once was at least for awhile. In no time you'll feel much improved.

So much for my update....

Later.

Greg

########################################

MailAttachment1.gif
Some of my old girl friends, for some reason they all have bad memories of me???-Greg

NAH - GREG! They were just expressing my feelings about the World two days ago.
Man... I just cannot get over what happened to you -?

( That's a good one though)

...My model railroading is limited to the web, reading magazines and emails. . . .
IronBeltKen: Recovery takes time and some adjustments to your life as it once was at least for awhile. In no time you'll feel much improved.
. . .
Thanks Greg, I was warned well in advance that recovery from a prostatectomy takes four to six weeks, and I'm just approaching week #3! Hope your situation continues to get better. I'm in a similar predicament mrr-wise, I have to stand to operate my trains and currently I need to minimize the amount of time spent on my feet.

No rain today [yet]. They do think we shall have scattered showers during the night.
Wish all pleasant dreams. Prayers,
Phil

TO SOME IT'S A SIX-PACK, TO ME IT'S A SUPPORT GROUP, SALVATION IN A CAN. LEO DUROCHER

Good morning. It's78* , clammy and overcast.

Phil

REMEMBER "I" BEFORE "E" EXCEPT IN BUDWEISER. ... PROFESSOR IRWIN COREY .

Morning Shop People: 65* with a forecast of Sunny and Hot - high of 100* (was 98* yesterday).
Last year wA 98* and record of 101* in 2000.

Nothing on tap this morning ... tired myself out yesterday doing chores - dogs wanted me up early this morning!

Good Morning All. 75° and overcast. That 0% chance of rain yesterday left 1" in the rain gauge. Today we have a 60% chance around noon.
I'll take the Sunday Morning Special today, Flo. It's blueberry pancakes and sausage. Great, just what I wanted.
Ended up indoors most of the day yesterday due to the rain. Caught up on household chores and spent a lot of time as a home nurse.

Thanks to everyone who liked or commented on yesterday's pictures; Phil, Sherrel, Justin, Ken, Jerome.

I did get a little time in the train shed late yesterday afternoon. Painted the ground a light earth color and added a partial piece of road leading off the layout, a continuation of one already in place. Placed some ground foam in a very small strip between the road and layout edge and tentatively set a few already built structures in place.
08-04-19 003.001.JPG

Note that the gas station is still a work in progress. It's another City Classic's structure known as Crafton Avenue Service Station. I wanted to be sure of it's final position before making the driveway/apron and gas pump placement. That and I got tired of keeping the blue lines straight!;)
A view from the other end.
08-04-19 002.001.JPG

I've posted pictures of the Green Door Lounge before, It's a Blair Line laser-cut kit, which I reversed the side walls on. Here's another shot from the other side.
08-04-19 005.001.JPG

Don't know what I might get done today, as my plumber is coming out to re-repair a water leak that he fixed ten days ago and failed. I am planning to paint the track behind the scene first, but not before finalizing and installing the spur track for the fuel distributor on the other side.

Sherrel - Thank you for your thoughts. Progress is being made one small step at a time (pun intended).
Greg - Glad to read that your recovery in ongoing. Hope that you can get back to active modeling real soon.

Hmmmh! I wonder what happened to Curt? Hadn't seen a post from him in about two weeks. I don't recall reading anything about a vacation or anything, but I could have missed it. I have been preoccupied. Any idea Phil?

Today is Barack Obama's birthday according to Hawaii's birth register.
Everybody have a great day.

Good morning fellers. Finally made it down to the layout yesterday! After some extensive track cleaning I am back up and running trains. However positive this may be there is definitely a negative. Found my new GP7 likes to have the Life Like ca-thunk. Yup I got had by eBay again. So after licking my wounds for a bit I decided to do some research on a remedy. Seems my solution lies in using athearn gears? New one to take in. Don't even know if that'll fix it or not. Oh well I suppose a year down is in my future. Maybe I can get it figured. I just know if like to go a few rounds with the seller on this one. I will say I did some cussing when I put it on the rails for a test run and all I got was ca-thunk ca-thunk. Seller listed it as running good. If that's his definition of running good. I would hate to see it running bad! That's all I have for now. I'll try to stop by later and share some pics with y'all.

Good morning fellers. Finally made it down to the layout yesterday! After some extensive track cleaning I am back up and running trains. However positive this may be there is definitely a negative. Found my new GP7 likes to have the Life Like ca-thunk. Yup I got had by eBay again. So after licking my wounds for a bit I decided to do some research on a remedy. Seems my solution lies in using athearn gears? New one to take in. Don't even know if that'll fix it or not. Oh well I suppose a year down is in my future. Maybe I can get it figured. I just know if like to go a few rounds with the seller on this one. I will say I did some cussing when I put it on the rails for a test run and all I got was ca-thunk ca-thunk. Seller listed it as running good. If that's his definition of running good. I would hate to see it running bad! That's all I have for now. I'll try to stop by later and share some pics with y'all.
These should fix the cracked gear clunk:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Athearn-60...382584&hash=item1ecc1a51da:g:AjEAAOSwridaAce-

Yep. The drive gears that Terry linked to will fix you up. Pay no attention to the SD40-2, as they used the same gears in all models and they are a direct replacement for the P2K ones. Replace all four when you have it apart, as they will all crack at some point.

Happy Sunday.
Medfords Meats Rear wall.jpg

This is the rear wall assembly of Medford Meatpacking, (Champion Packing), prior to the installation of the livestock ramp. This side will be against the back drop, so I'm not going to do any detailing on it. I usea Alaines Tacky Glue to attach the glazing, so the white will dry clear. Once the complex is complete it will have a 12" x 24" footprint including the siding. I will probably add some minimal. lighting.

Louis: When I bought the kit, my intention was to represent Esskay Quality Meat, but as time went on my focus changed.

Willie: I also like the City Classics kits.
How's Arlene's rehab coming? I'm hoping and praying for her quick and full recovery.

Iron Belt Ken: Look at it this way, now you have time to plan and research all the things you will want to do when you can spend more tie on your feet. Also hoping and praying for your full and quick recovery.

Boris

Good afternoon. It's sunny and 85.
I mentioned this in another place, box office sales and positive critic reviews do not always make a movie great--or even good.
If anybody gets the wild idea of watching "The wandering Earth", go to the end, and watch the last five minutes or so first, then watch the movie from the beginning. It will make so much more sense, and be much less frustrating. It won't make the movie any better, but at least you'll understand what's going on.

All-righty, then.
I know I've mentioned the natural gas fiasco at our house.
The line was installed about three months ago, maybe more.
The gas company did seed and straw the area they dug up, but the grass has never come in there.
Today, I went to Home Depot, and picked up a can of Bermuda grass seed/fertilizer/mulch, and applied it on the area, following the instructions.
I then watered the area, again following the instructions.
We are now experiencing a severe thunderstorm, and I am watching the grass seed I applied less than an hour ago wash into the back yard.
Sigh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back