Royal Pacific Railways Pullman Cars ...

goscrewyourselves

I'm the one
I started this thread specifically for each of the Micro Train Pullman Heavy Weight Cars I will be painting for my "Royal Pacific Railways" ​train. The first of those cars will be started this evening.

Well, this is how the car started out after leaving it 91% alcohol for 24 hours and stripping off the old paint and decals:

FSsN6Ny.jpg

This is how it turned out after the first coat of CSX Blue. It does have some blemishes despite being cleaned in warm soapy water prior to painting. Fortunately this is just my test car:

R4c6koW.jpg

This will give you an idea of what is being built as a whole:

9PHzeZP.jpg

ExkcbKk.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Olie,

Thanks and I like the blue as well, it actually looks better in "person". I think once I get the engines completed and a few of the cars done it will look reasonable and come together. At the moment it looks a bit disjointed to me.

How's your N Scale coming along?

Olie,

Thanks and I like the blue as well, it actually looks better in "person". I think once I get the engines completed and a few of the cars done it will look reasonable and come together. At the moment it looks a bit disjointed to me.

How's your N Scale coming along?

On hold for the minute. I'm still not sure on the layout. I mess with the Scarm layout daily but I'm just not getting that "oh ya, that's what I want" feeling.
Finished the static display so that project is done. Finished installing all the lighting in the excursion cars and last night I was able to get the decoder and lights finished in the locomotive. Poor thing was completely disassembled and had never see track time. Still have to complete the covered bridge shingles for the HO ceiling track. With the warmer weather starting, getting the outside cleaned up has taken a jump in priority. Pool looks good anyway.
This weekend is shot for me as I have duty Saturday so won't be working on much until next week.

On a side note, road the scoot to work the other day.....Georgia drivers are CRAZY!

Olie,

I'm envious of a few things, firstly you have the weather to ride, I'm still looking at snow on the ground so not that great for two wheels, especially around here with deer and people who think the roads are theirs and only theirs.

Secondly, I would love to be able to wire up my Micro Train Heavy Weight Pullmans with lights but think I'm going to be reduced to those Rapido things. It would make it easier if MT had powered trucks.

My wife is champing at the bit for decent weather, not so much for the temps but so I can go out and start the outside spring cleanup.

Working weekends and shift work, had my share of that as well. Back then I was single so I didn't care - kept me out of trouble, well, most of the time :)

Back