Royal Pacific Railway Layout....

Thanks Gents so here is how it looks from start to finish at the moment, not withstanding the mess all over the bench work:

5MS3d72.jpg

pazs4Os.jpg

8gwLOjK.jpg

Some track work was redone for better radius and a smoother flow of things. Waiting now for my Track Alignment Gauges to arrive (16"/17"/18") so I can complete the track work and get this all joined up.

Tony,

I may be reading the plan vs track laying. How are you going to do the elevations? Are you going to use some kind of a roadbed?

Mike,

The sub roadbed is cut out of the ply about an inch wider either side of the track work. That is raised using "risers", in my case lengths of 1 X 4. The risers are attached to the bench work framing every 12 or so inches and lift the ply (sub roadbed) to form the grade:

4qDbcBF.jpg

I then use cork road bed on top of the sub roadbed.

Thanks gents and your right Edsland - if you've got time to keep things clean, your not doing enough work :)

Sherrel, agreed - it makes doing everything easier, especially the wiring and getting the grades "spot on" (hopefully).

I must be as well ... I managed to transform the nice neat and tidy bench work into another mess!! :)

That being said, it was for a very good cause as now I have enough of my ground level risers in place and am ready to cut out the sub roadbed.

JKcRoQm.jpg

eBEcoeS.jpg

"Ground Level" is 1.5" above the framework hieght.

Got a little more done to the sub roadbed and have starting putting in the joint bracing as follows:

LWXGTwy.jpg

The screw is only there until the glue dries properly, probably 24 hours for a good strong bond.

Back