Rivarossi Heisler Couplers

Railrunner130

I purchased an HO-scale Rivarossi Heisler a few months back. It was missing one coupler and the other was a horn-type. I figured it'd be a simple task, not even a project to replace the couplers. I purchased a pair of McHenry couplers that I thought would do the job.

20150116_094531.png

20150116_094622.png

The way the couplers are currently installed, the inner-most wheels contact the track, where the outer-most are in the air. The required couplers need to come out of the pockets and bend up to clear the bumper/step, before returning to the horizontal position. I spent a half hour at my LHS trying to find the proper couplers, with no luck.

Does anyone know of the right couplers to fix this issue?

And speaking of coupler swapping......
A mutual friend from over at Running Bear's Coffee Shop sent me couple pair of Kaydee's (#5 or #7s) to try my hand at converting a couple of cars before my "bulk pack" showed up. It was not an easy task and was making me even more uncomfortable with a major swap-out job.
Well the bulk pack showed up today. I was dreading that I my not have gotten the right thing or that it was just going to be out of my league. Dreading so much so, I really didn't even want to open the box and give them a try.
But I soldiered on and went at it. Amazingly I had about 10 cars done in about 20 minutes - complete with metal wheel swaps as well.

All my existing stock was hook-horn. All my new engines (4) are Kaydee couplered.
What I got (from MB Klein) was Kaydee 140 (50 pair) Bulk Pack #148 "Standard" head metal whisker, medium centerset shank.

You all have no idea how relieved I am.
I may just have to walk to the liquor store for a small bottle later on.
E

Back