RIP Eric White - "Big E"

santafewillie

Same Ol' Buzzard
Many of our fellow forum members do not regularly visit the Coffee Shop, and may not be aware of the passing of our dear friend and fellow modeler Eric White, known on the forum as Big E. Eric had recently spent eighteen months undergoing radiation and chemotherapy to conquer throat/jaw cancer, and had returned home to his beloved Acworth GA a few months ago. Recovery was slow but positive and he had begun to return to a somewhat normal life. He passed away from unknown causes in his sleep Thursday night at his home. May he Rest in Peace.

Willie

Eric will be missed around here. He added a great deal to the forum and the hobby.
Hope you are enjoying your walk in the clouds, ERIC!

Rest easy Big E, you are missed. He was an inspiration and responsible for some of the major features of my layout like the rope lights under the bench. His idea and a good one.

See ya soon E, keep a stool open at the bar for me.

Oh no! I just got back onto the forum and this is the first post I read. I am very much saddened, even more so since I was able to visit him last summer. I'm glad I was able to go, and I hope my visit was somehow of some help to him.

Sleep well, my friend.

RIP, Eric!
"Here's to daddy Claxton may his name forever stand
And always be remembered in the courts throughout the land
His earthly race is over and the curtains round him fall
We'll carry him home to Dixie on the Wabash Cannonball!"
(Johnny Cash version.)

I was somewhat confused by the mention of the name Eric White as there is another Eric White who is an associate Editor and member of the staff of Model Railroader. That Eric White is continuing to write and do videos for Model Railroader and Model Railroader Video Plus. The Eric White on this Forum, obviously was a different one. Like I said previously Eric seemed to be a very fair guy with a good sense of humor. He will be sadly missed.

Back