Returning to the hobby

POB7621

I’m a 70 year old from northwest Ohio returning to the hobby after about 25 years. I’ve built a 12’ x 21’ room in my basement for an early 1900s HO standard gauge logging railroad based in north central Pennsylvania. Anyone else model this era/area? Being away from the hobby for so long I have lots to catch up on.

Welcome POB.....

Welcome back to model railroading......I'm in a similar boat, er train, I got back into the model railroad scene just a couple of years ago, building my first major layout, in my shop building that I partitioned off with a 12x20 train room. I'm building two lines (or tracks), a logging line, The Pacific Lumber Co. in northern Cal. and a freight railroad, the Great Northern in southern Oregon. Indeed, lots too catch up on, especially the technology side of modeling. Learning curves every were you look, ha ha
Welcome to the forum......

Welcome, POB! I am sorta on the same train. Have been away from HO for 40 years. Have some On3, Oscale, Lionel, and G scale.
Trying to rake up enough room for a HO somewhere.
Land Baron is a tough SOB!

Like you , I'm getting back in the hobby. My first and only layout was the Jerome and Southwestern designed by John Olsen back in 1985.
Just came across DCC and Dave Rees' Blue rail Blue tooth control. WoW!

Back