Restoration of Model Buildings....

Greg@mnrr

Section Hand
I have a section of Walther's background buildings that I built over the years and are in the Saxeville Interchange area and form the backdrop of the industrial area. Several of the buildings I wish I had used different colors for the industrial type buildings, different signage and more details. I plan on remodeling several of the buildings and make the necessary improvements. The figures and details should be easily removed since I used Woodlands' Accent cement which never really sets or hardens.

Warm water and a good soap should remove the fine dust that collected over the years as well as the ground foam that was attached to buildings as foundation plantings or vines.

Do you have any buildings on your layout that went under renovations or remodeling? Did you encounter any rpoblems during the process?

Thanks.

Greg

Greg I used warm soapy h2o with a soft toothbrush on some of my buildings no ill effects.
I believe they were walthers modular flats.

I have several I took off a layout I purchased in 2012 and they were cleaned with soapy water and a soft toothbrush like Rico suggested. I also used a cleaner called Totally Awesome (Dollar General carries it) to get the nicotine stains off the buildings as well as the previous owner was a smoker. Those buildings have been mostly in storage since and I may have other plans once I get an opportunity to really see what I want to do with them and placement.

Back