Resistor equipped wheels

SP7201

I am looking to convert my freight cars over for use on clubs that have ctc operations. I was told to either place the resistors on myself. (not easy with oncome of arthritis) or use resistor equipped wheels by Jaybee Wheels. I went to their page and found that the 33" wheels with resistors were listed as Temporary Not Available. Does anyone know if they are making new sets or not. If now does anyone have another source for resistor equipped wheels?

I found a resistor paint that I applied to several dozen of my freight cars. It's expensive but creates just enough to trip my block detection and signals. I don't recall the name of it but it comes in a small bottle similar to finger nail polish. Ya just paint a connection from the metal wheel to the metal axle and put it back into service.
I shouldn't have to say this, but ya need to have metal wheels and a metal axle for this stuff to work.

Our club buys them from a guy for like two bucks a wheel set. Not all of our members can/want to do this type of work. I’ll see if I can get his contact info for you. He uses Intermountain wheel sets.

Looks like Hiawatha Hobbies still has some in stock. I have used them several times, and had no problems with there services.

Back