Reinforced Cardboard for Model Building

logandsawman

Cereal Boxes make a fine, strong, and versatile model building material. How to make reinforced model building material and a couple applications.

[video=youtube_share;h7nK6IG1igg]http://youtu.be/h7nK6IG1igg[/video]

Thanks for Watching!!!!!!!!

lasm

Very cool. LASM, thank you for posting that. Does the resulting material work well for structure walls, too?

As long as it is reinforced with some wood. I have cut in windows and doors and pasted in the plastic tichy products with very good results.

I didn't mention that it does resist warping, I think because it is two plys. I would paint both sides lightly rather than putting a heavy coat on one side. I didn't have any warping where I applied the paper overlay or tarpaper.

Thanks for watching my video!! lasm

Heading straight for the recycling bin to retrieve the last two cereal boxes we threw out! :) Thanks again for posting that!

Not a super fancy building, but in real life they are not all, anyway. This hotel is supposed to look like "cheap" stucco covering. It is just blue paint brushed on in a pattern. The pattern is too small and I think it turned out looking like plaster.

I have posted this building before so bear with me if you have allready seen it.

There are vertical pieces of wood at the corners (inside) and around the top and inside bottom floor and around cardboard floors for each level. The walls/siding is the cardboard. I painted the interior as well.

Hotel.jpg

This is my first cardboard structure (on the right). The cardboard under the tarpaper on the left was not reinforced by the doubling process and is beginning to sag between the joists. It was build about 3 years ago.

THANKS for all your interest and looking at my stuff. lasm

Back