Rehabbing Your Railroad...

Greg@mnrr

Section Hand
As many of our model railroads are aging and newer products are on the market for scenic, layout control, structures and many other advances, do plan or have do future ideas to rehabbing of your model railroad?

I'm planning an layout addition, but until I start I'm cleaning up some wiring and area that in the foreground I used "Puff Balls" for scenery and I will change that to a more detailed scene. Other areas need some minor finishing touches like an area that's missing ballast around a turnout or more realistic trees in the foreground.

What are your plans?

Please share.

Thanks.

Greg

I have a few sections that have had sectional track replaced with flex and I have begun the process of re-wiring the original part of my layout, but that has kind of fallen to the back burner as expansion has continued. Stuff like that.

Since I started a new layout in a new building about eight years ago, I have much more scenery to complete than to rehab. Nonetheless, I already see areas that need a little touch-up. I have added some light green ground foam to some areas that were monotonously medium green for a bit of variety. I also started making some trees using Scenic Express's Super Trees to supplement the drab plastic armature ones already in place. I also try to upgrade some of the detail work on structures at eye level or otherwise close to the front of the layout.

Starting a home layout but my club modules need sprucing up with newer trees and landscape.The ones on there are getting beat up taking the to shows.I like to add some track details and signals.Put these car readers on for example.
IMG_2501.jpg
015.JPG

I have been refreshing some of the older parts of the layout which has been around for over 30 years. Scenery product availabole now are a lot better than some of what I have used on older parts of the layout. I have a raft of figures to add as I slowly get them painted and want to work on some of the smaller details and add some mini scenes.

Back