recomendations about rolling stock brands !

flesland

Hey fellows, here again posting, this time is for answer about remarks or anything concerning to a quality of some rolling stock brands. I've seen in modeltrainstruff.com some railroads names that I'm interested for purchase, but the brands, I don´t know nothing about quality of Accurail, Intermountain, Branchline, Rapido and Bowser, I have reading in "reviews" if there's something about this brands appear, but there´s nothing. What you can tell me about:

Quality, weight, plastic or metal, realistic model, type of wheelsets, what kind of coupling they bring, etc.

At first view I can see Intermountain is very good brand, insn't ?

and, I would like to know what does mean this type of nomenclature:

* Factory installed metal "grabirons"
* Factory installed "Celcon handrails"
* Machined RP25 profile metal wheels

Thank you so much for time spent in answer !!!! :) :) :) :)

You cannot go wrong with any of them in my mind. The 5 named are great brands along with most Walthers, Proto 1000 & Proto 2000, Athearn, Roundhouse/MDC.

Grab Irons are the grabs on the corners of the cars for people to climb

Celcon is a flexible plastic, used with handrails to avoid damage.

RP25 is the current recommended practice for HO scale wheels, it deals with the contour. Metal wheels, simple mean the wheels are metal.

The above named items are hints of a good quality car, however even without them, the cars are still good, though may have slightly more crude detail.

Thanks my friend, so I'm not gonna be insecure at the moment to purchase any model of rolling stock of above mentioned brands, but sorry my friend, I' can not still understand what does mean "handrails" which part of locomotive are ?

Sorry my friend, my mind is tough !!! LOL

Thanks once again !!!!

atlas has some great rollling stock. if you think about all companies are producing great rolling stock. its not like the 80's equipment.

Back