Received new soldering station

oplholik

I got this off of ebay from ekoenig21, and I'm wondering if there is a problem worth worrying, and messing with.

sta1.jpgsta 3.jpgsta 2.jpg

As you can see, the sleeve with the flange isn't long enough to reach the top of the threaded connector which doesn't allow the threaded nut to tighten down full thread. It is able to screw on maybe 2-3 threads.
It is secure at that point, and everything works good. I'm thinking ahh, just go ahead with it, probably not worth the bother, as I can't see any problems with it this way. Watcha think?

I just took a look at all 3 of my pencils (2 Hakko and a YiHua) and they are all exactly the same as yours. So don't worry about it and happy practicing!

WOW .. I got a Yuhula937d (or something like that) I have not tried it out yet!

Happy Soldering!

The general rule of thumb - and this is one of those "I heard this from a guy who heard this from a guy..." kind of things - is that maximum strength of a threaded item such as this is reached after only about a full turn and a half.

Now, I want the lug nuts on my car spun on a bit deeper than that, but for a soldering iron, I agree with the others: Use it with no worries.

Back