Proud of myself!

One more engine converted to DCC, this time without all the smoke and fire that accompanied the first attempt.

Just received my replacement TCS decoder for my Kato F7 B Unit and got it put in. Now it is running smoothly and, as said, without the smoke and fire that created some nice visual effects with the first attempt.

Using Kaplon Tape certainly did the trick instead of trying to rush things as I did the first time and use plai old black insulation tape. Now I have the Kaplon Tape I can do the A Unit and have them both up and running.

Have the Kato F7 A Unit decoder installed to the detriment of the front coupler. I forgot to pull the body off over a dish to catch the coupler when it fell out. Needless to say, I only located half of what was needed so looks as though my F7 A will be without that coupler for a little while :(

Working in a tray is a good idea, but it's the bits that go "ping" off into the stratosphere that really annoy.

Toot'n,

Yep and that's what happened to me I think. Despite trying to find the coupler intact on the floor using a torch it simply vanished, well half of the coupler assembly vanished anyway - the smaller half of course :)

I have found that dropped parts not located in the first 5 minutes most likely find there way to a parallel universe never to be seen again.

George

I have found that dropped parts not located in the first 5 minutes most likely find there way to a parallel universe never to be seen again.
And I had a miracle over Christmas. The Christmas forest is set up on fake grass so it is much "taller" than normal carpet. Anyway, I was putting in a rail joiner screw and pressed too hard. The screw shot off. I saw the direction it went, heard it hit the wall looked for almost 10 minutes before I wrote it off. Six weeks later when putting it all away, there was the screw. Exactly where I saw it go and heard it hit and where I had looked at the time. Why couldn't I find it then!?!

Horseman,

Put it down to Murphy's Law - the harder you look, the less likely you are to find what it is you are looking for.

I had a similar situation with a pair of glasses. Had them on my head and forgot they were there until I went to use them. They could have only been somewhere between my car and my train room. I searched high and low 4 or 5 times from the car to the train room and nothing. My wife went out and walked straight to them laying on the ground next to the drivers side door of the car and she wasn't looking for them ...

Back