Programming an ESU Loksound decoder in a Rapido FL9

IronBeltKen

Lazy Daydreamer
A local friend of mine is just getting started in DCC, and bought a couple of sound-equipped Rapido FL9's. He wants to bring them over to my place so I can help him tweak the sounds.

My question is: Since the model has LokSound decoders, will I still be able to use DecoderPro to adjust the sounds? Or can that only be done using ESU's proprietary "Programmer" tool :confused:

Inquiring minds want to know...

A local friend of mine is just getting started in DCC, and bought a couple of sound-equipped Rapido FL9's. He wants to bring them over to my place so I can help him tweak the sounds.

My question is: Since the model has LokSound decoders, will I still be able to use DecoderPro to adjust the sounds? Or can that only be done using ESU's proprietary "Programmer" tool :confused:

Inquiring minds want to know...
i use both with my ESU stuff. Just save the original settings into a roster file before starting.
Probably the biggest thing for performance is to set cv54 tp 1, then put the engine on a long section of powered track, and push the f1 key on the controller. That fine-tunes the motor control.

Thank you Terry, I'll make a note of that!

I'll also make sure my friend brings a copy of the decoder manual with him...

Back