Problems with Train Control Systems M1 decoders

grande man

Bonafied Grande Nut
We bought two of the M1 decoders today. They're incredible small and offer many features. Problem is, I can't get either to program using our DCS100/DT400. Both the Digitrax decoders we got today are working great. We had no problems (as usual) programming them so the problem almost has to be the TCS boards. Anyone know how to program the TCS M1's????

I put an M1 in my Concor Zephyr, I just programmed on the programme track with decoder pro ( Lenz system ) Everything worked ok.

Ken.

I've had no problems on the Programming track with the TCS decoders. You might want to give them a call. They also do have a good return policy.

Grande:

You programming the M1's on a programming track or on the main?

I use an EasyDCC system with a PowerPax in the programming track circuit, and I have no problems programming TCS decoders on the programming track. They also program on the main just fine.

For more on the PowerPax, see: http://www.tonystrains.com/technews/powerpax.htm

jfugate said:
Grande:

You programming the M1's on a programming track or on the main?

I use an EasyDCC system with a PowerPax in the programming track circuit, and I have no problems programming TCS decoders on the programming track. They also program on the main just fine.

For more on the PowerPax, see: http://www.tonystrains.com/technews/powerpax.htm

Joe, I'm using the program track. I called TCS this morning. They really couldn't help except to say they'd get to the bottom of the problem if I send them the loco. That's a great offer, but I'll probably just see if my dealer will trade them for Digitrax chips and leave it at that.

Update time...

We finally got to the bottom of this problem. A quick trip to our friendly local Digitrax dealer this afternoon got a simple wiring issue cleared up. It seems that the clown that installed the decoder when he was tired and in a hurry screwed up the install. :eek: :eek: :eek:

The main thing is that the problem is solved.

Back