Private Message Spamming

bnsf971

Gomez Addams
Staff member
On the other forum (Railroad Forums), we have encountered at least one clever spammer using the private message system to deliver spam to forum members.
While we haven't yet seen this, or if it has happened, we haven't been notified, I thought it would be a good idea to let everyone know about the possibility.
If anyone does get a message they consider spam, please click the "report" button at the bottom of the message. If that isn't available, please forward the message to a moderator, and we'll take appropriate action.
We work hard to keep spammers at bay, and want to keep everyone's time here as happy and trauma-free as possible.
Thank you in advance for your help.

There was an issue on a social media site I sometimes frequent, where scammers are cloning people's accounts, then sending those peoples' friends spam through their message system. One of them tried that with me, and I had been tipped off the person's account was compromised. One of my old hacker friends had left me a bit of code that changed the park command on a standard hard drive. When you shut your computer down, this command tells the "needle" to pull above the platters in the drive a couple thousandths of an inch, to avoid damaging the platters.
Anyway, the code changed the park command from 2 thousandths of an inch to 2 inches.
I gave the scammer the file, he opened it, and of course, nothing happened. Until he shut down his computer. Imagine the terrible grinding sound as the hard drive destroyed itself from within.
Sometimes the good guys win...

There was an issue on a social media site I sometimes frequent, where scammers are cloning people's accounts, then sending those peoples' friends spam through their message system. One of them tried that with me, and I had been tipped off the person's account was compromised. One of my old hacker friends had left me a bit of code that changed the park command on a standard hard drive. When you shut your computer down, this command tells the "needle" to pull above the platters in the drive a couple thousandths of an inch, to avoid damaging the platters.
Anyway, the code changed the park command from 2 thousandths of an inch to 2 inches.
I gave the scammer the file, he opened it, and of course, nothing happened. Until he shut down his computer. Imagine the terrible grinding sound as the hard drive destroyed itself from within.
Sometimes the good guys win...
Did it produce sparks and flames as well?

It seems these cunning advertisers believed they could inundate us with their commercials via private messages, assuming we'd simply sign up for a few purchases. It's intriguing to ponder how spammers themselves react when they receive unsolicited messages.

It seems these cunning advertisers believed they could inundate us with their commercials via private messages, assuming we'd simply sign up for a few purchases. It's intriguing to ponder how spammers themselves react when they receive unsolicited messages.
Oh, spammers like you?

Yeah just like you please stay off my threads.

Back