Power Master 5000

ho.ed

Good day all. As a newbe to forums, I hope I have done this right. I have been putting together an HO layout as a winter project. Attending train show, Last year I acquired a throttle controller, the Power Master 5000, a dual control with three meters, two current and one output voltage. As a sucker, I later found cab 2 output was dead. This year I found another and this dealer was very honest telling me cab 2 did not work. Sure I might take parts from one to repair the other (again I say might) but I would like to have all four outputs working. My request: Is anyone familiar with this throttle controller and is a wiring diagram available. I have searched the net and can't find any reference to the 5000 or the Power Master Corp. ho.ed

Welcome to the group. I have no knowledge of that controller, but hopefully someone can come along with experience, and help you out. Keep us up to date on your activities along the way.

I also am unable to find any references to a Power Master Corp. Have to say I have never heard of them. Any idea how old this is?

The only reference to any Power Master 5000 anywhere on the internet is this thread.

Thanks to all who’ve tried to help with my issue. To aid with this, I attach this photo, Hope this looks familiar. Ed
FECC90AB-2FF4-4503-8E14-7E467F2CF2F2.jpeg

Good day all. As a newbe to forums, I hope I have done this right. I have been putting together an HO layout as a winter project. Attending train show, Last year I acquired a throttle controller, the Power Master 5000, a dual control with three meters, two current and one output voltage. As a sucker, I later found cab 2 output was dead. This year I found another and this dealer was very honest telling me cab 2 did not work. Sure I might take parts from one to repair the other (again I say might) but I would like to have all four outputs working. My request: Is anyone familiar with this throttle controller and is a wiring diagram available. I have searched the net and can't find any reference to the 5000 or the Power Master Corp.
Looking at that unit I see no momentum, no brakes, nothing that indicates a pulse option. All that says it is a basic, no-electronic unit. Should be easy to repair. So the next thing to do would be to figure out why the #2 cab is dead. Most likely a worn out rheostat or a blown selenium rectifier, less likely the transformer itself. Could even be a defective direction switch. Do you know if it has two transformers or just one? Do you have a volt meter? That will be essential to attempt a repair.

So when the control is set to '2' and the throttle is turned up does it register anything on the volt meter? That might at least tell us if the problem is in the supply or getting the supply to the units output.

I found this.
https://www.sager.com/rjs50re-15351...MI2t2dyo3S3gIVHbbACh2doA2qEAQYBSABEgI3_PD_BwE

One could replace a bad selenium rectifier with a power diode.

Back