ports docks and such

NVSrr1500

SO I am working on a modern era port complex. Minus the intermodal. That is way too big. Could easily be a model railroad in itself. Especially with a container ship and working cranes to load and unload. anyway. Mine would be modern era, but grown out of an old port complex. More suited to model railroading. Designing such a thing is a challenge. Space. The prototype has been easy to study. Being in Philly, I have what was once the worlds largest inland port right here. I have a couple designs. Finding track plans and what others have done has been harder than designing for a small space. I am looking at what others have done for ideas how they laid them out. I have looked in the usual places for track plans with practically no luck. Any help would be appreciated. As I work on redesigning my layout, I have developed many track plans (part of which I want a port). Decided why let all that research and design time go to waste. Going to comepile them into a track plan book. or two. More smaller layout too. not all ports. The container port idea is yet another one to add to the book.

Shane

Back