Pink or blue foam pieces

oplholik

Does anyone know of any hobby shops, or stores in the east, where this foam is used, that sell small easy to ship pieces? I would like to try this foam for some scenery, and it's impossible to find out here on the west coast. Just thought I'd ask here in a last ditch effort to find some.

As stated above, Home Depot has smaller sizes called project panels. They might be able to do a store to store transfer. Back a few years ago they were able to do this for me with discontinued hardwood flooring. They found a bunch of cases around the country and had it shipped to my store. It took a couple of weeks, but they were very helpful in making it happen.

project-panels-rigid-insulation-pp1-c3_1000.jpg

I see there are the 4x8' foam board on the lowes site (Lowes green boards) and they are the same as the other brands. I'm sure you can get them to ship to you if they will not do a delivery to the store near you.

Dave

As stated above, Home Depot has smaller sizes called project panels. They might be able to do a store to store transfer. Back a few years ago they were able to do this for me with discontinued hardwood flooring. They found a bunch of cases around the country and had it shipped to my store. It took a couple of weeks, but they were very helpful in making it happen.

project-panels-rigid-insulation-pp1-c3_1000.jpg

Well I'll be darned. These show in stock at my local HD. I'll definitely look these up on my next visit. Thanks.

Are you sure that stuff isn't in the insulation section of Lowes. Every Lowes store I've been in has em. 4'X8' sheets of varous thickness standing on end near the rolls of insulation material.

I picked up a 2x8 ft piece, in order to fit it in the car, I brought a knife with me and cut it in half out in the parking lot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A couple things that foam helps with is moisture resistant (my Alabama basement is very humid at times), rigid if supported like plywood, does not expand and contract with temperature changes and is easily worked with hand tools.

the color is dependant on who makes it, pink, green, or blue ...
it all does the same job, the white bead board stuff, is different though

the color is dependant on who makes it, pink, green, or blue ...
it all does the same job, the white bead board stuff, is different though

I think it was Jim 68Cuda who used the pink and blue, alternated, when he built a mountain. Sort'a like a painted desert scene, till he covered it.

Last edited:

Back