Photo shoot

Shamus

I have just finished a 5 hour photo shoot for Model Railroading magazine some time early 2005. Here are a few which I am not sending.
Shamus
ph01.jpg

ph02.jpg

ph03.jpg

ph04.jpg

ph05.jpg

ph06.jpg

Shamus,

I hope for your sake that it does come out in 2005. One of our group layouts was photographed 4 years ago, and they still haven't published it. supposedly, it was to be in this past Great Model Railroads magazine.

As always - Great shots.

Yes, it will be okay as I have had one or two publications each year from 1994 with Randy lee of Model Railroading. Last one was March this year with Cooncreek.
Thanks anyway.
Shamus

Hard to believe these are your rejects, they are so much better than my best. :D
I gave up buying that magazine years ago except for an issue this year on making trees :D and now I'll just have to buy another one, wouldn't miss it for the world.
Cheers Willis

Do you shoot strobe and umbrella? There don't seem to be very deep shadows in your (well done) pictures.

I have to agree on the "I only wish my best photos looked as good as your 'second string' shots..."

grumpybob said:
I hope for your sake that it does come out in 2005. One of our group layouts was photographed 4 years ago, and they still haven't published it. supposedly, it was to be in this past Great Model Railroads magazine.

Great Model Railroads is put out by Model Railroader aka Kalmbach, and yes they're known for sitting on photos. The magazine he mentions is Model Railroading different publication entirely.

crook said:
Do you shoot strobe and umbrella? There don't seem to be very deep shadows in your (well done) pictures.

Hello Crook,
No, I don't use paraflash, only ever use that for portraits. 2 big brollies and power guns.

I have on my ceiling 10 -- 5' Daylight fluorescent tubes. which light the scene up quite nice. These tubes are rated at 5500 degree kelvin (Midday outside) They are Phillips TLD's and are 58watt.
Don't get confused with the "Cool Whites" which are not of the daylight variety.

Cheers
Shamus

Back