PFM/United Shay repower

malletman

Alcohaulic
Here is one of my two PFM/United two truck Shays getting remotored. Shay ran well enough that I could have left it alone. But I had this motor on hand, and it will have better slow speed stability around the loop. The second Shay, which is a shot gun stack version is painted, directional lights and for sale($200). It also runs really well and if someone wants it remotored like this one, I can do that for an added fee. Motor of choice for this is the Canon CN22. A short piece of rubber tube connects the motor's shaft to a short piece of 2.4mm shaft material for the worm. The worm itself is retained with set screw. The motor is mounted with clear silicone to help isolate any noise from the frame and its easily removed, cleaned up and remounted when painting time arrives. Once I have the alignment set and all is well with some light power on the rolling road, it will be left along for 24 hours to allow the silicone to set and cure. Then I can wire up everything and move on to making up wheel wipers to give the Shay 8 wheel power pickup. Mike the Aspie
shayremotor.jpg

Back