Passenger Trains

Not the first time this has happened!
I just thought of something else too. Where do you suppose they are going to get the sound clips for the Winton 201A engine. I remember a few years back trying to hunt up audio clips to program a sound unit for the Pioneer Zephyr and was unable to do so.

There is at least one working set of Winton engines still in service, though they are on a tugboat, not in a locomotive. I remember reading about them when I was looking for a sound file for my M-10000.

Southwest Chief and Cardinal

These guys are my pride and joy: Amtrak's present-day Southwest Chief and Cardinal services. These were the first Amtrak trains I ever travelled on, so they'll always have a special place in my heart.

30mamx4.jpg

Thanks!

Mitch

Any body got any more/additional Passenger Trains? I remember years ago, MRR ran a series on 'Pike Sized Passenger Trains.' FWIW, The Bluebird was always a favorite of mine, as was the Reading Crusader.

I model a rather rural area but I do run passenger trains. Besides a gas electric (doodle bug) I also run a short train leased from the Northern Pacific.

IMAG0393-1.jpg

This should qualify for a "pike sized train".

Delmar - Philadelphia trains #454 and # 455. Baggage (MS-60), RPO (M-70), Working Baggage (B60b), and Coach (P70 variation) Powered by Baldwin RS12 or ALCo RS3. Pick up 3 X29 Mail storage on rear at Dover, Northward, Drop X29s at Dover Southward. (Parcels from "Popular Club Plan"). Prototype Cars readily available.

Any Reading Feature train, Wall Street, King Coal, Schuylkill. Average consist 4 to 6 cars, powered by FP7s, or Road Switcher. Prototype cars readily available as Craftsman Kits.

Buffalo Day Express/Baltimore Day Express 2 P70 coaches, B60b baggage car, and BM70(k) variant Baggage mail. Cars available as sides/core kit, and Walthers. couple of express cars to fill out consist. Power 2 E units.

Chet, yes, I think that qualifies.

JL-You forgot the Vista Dome Equipped Phillipsburg Day Express on the BelDel. (Run with an Athearn PRR Vista Dome on an old club layout.)

Back