Passenger Trains

Steamguy

I decided to host a photo contest of the best pictures of model passenger trains. Go nuts.

Best regards,
Jim

I'll give it a shot. The first is a Northern Pacific tourist train on it's way across Logan Valley tracks to take passengers to Yellowstone Park.

attachment.php

The second is the top of the line passenger service on the Logan Valley, A leased NP RDC with a club car in tow. If you miss this, yau may have to downgrade to a gas electric or a drovers caboose.

attachment.php
20171217_144350.jpg

Last edited:
Heres my entry (THIS DOES NOT QUALIFY TO WIN)
ezeve7eq.jpg

It is the Coast Daylight as it pulls into San Fransico.

Best regards,
Jim

Oooh I like this contest. I love passenger trains!

The UP 844 leaving the Denver North UP Yard on an excursion.

FEFDenserSmokefinal..jpg

The D&RGW Colorado Ski Train at Denver Union Station.

P1000272_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Late afternoon commuter with a threatening sky behind it. Dad and kids have climbed up the embankment to wave on the passengers.

Jihihighlandskycloned.png

Attachments

• 5685withskyandshadowContest_2.jpg
    5685withskyandshadowContest_2.jpg
    273.9 KB · Views: 499
Well it isn't going to win any photo contest, but I came across this old picture of my original Walther's Super Chief. One of the very few pictures that isn't a wedge shot and where one can actually see the whole train. There are only 13 cars so either I'm missing 2 or it is just the "off" season for train travel.
SuperChiefoverTV2.JPG

Great thread, it is helping inspire me to get back in the trainroom after way too many years’ away. I inherited a nice collection of passenger equipment from my late brother and will be trying some shots very soon. Much of it was still in boxes, never opened; in particular 7 pcs of Rapido HO passenger cars in MoPac Jenks blue that I never even knew he had. Not the most exciting color scheme but it holds special memories for us from our youth. There were also a lot of custom paint scheme steam era that he did, I may see how those photograph….

So far Iv'e got Selector with his J class, Motley with his FEF, and Montanan with his NP F units and RDC all tied in the lead. They are all very cool though. Keep em comin'!

Best regards,
Jim

Is it cheating if I post a picture of a prototype. I rode on the North Coast Limited numerous times while I was growing up. We always rode first class as We have relatives who worked for the NP. Had a nice compartment and the food an service was second to none.

attachment.php

The two dome cars are coupled together. The NP always wanted a coach, sleeper or other lower level car between the dome cars so the view wasn't interfered with. Occasionally a consist like this could show up if a sleeper car was dropped off of the train along the route.

The picture was for discussion.;););)

Back