Passenger Car Detailing....

Tony: Considering that passenger car interiors are difficult to see even when the car is lighted, I basically stop with the interior details, such as bulkheads, restrooms, equipment lockers and seats. This is in HO. If I were modeling in N, I don't think I would bother beyond OEM details. Having said that, I am about ready to start on a project that entails converting Athearn Blue Box Round Roof Heavyweight coaches to represent a Reading passenger train. This will involve the aforementioned seats and details, and might include lights, window trim and plastic people. I tend to find ways of complicating the simplest projects.

... I tend to find ways of complicating the simplest projects. ...
Thanks and that makes two of us. So far all I have done is the seats, bulkheads and table tops in the dining car. What I'd really like to do is the floors as well but being N Scale, that is pushing my skills a little :)

Oh yeah - almost forgot about them ... passengers, that might be a good idea :) I did buy the CEO a pack of 60 assorted peoples so I might ask, beg, borrow or steal one or two of hers :cool:

Or, I could just buy my own .....

You'll need ones that have been imbibing heavily. The legless will get under the Diner's tables more easily.

Out comes the hack saw and boning saw then, I'm gunna have some pretty upset passengers I think. No heat, no coffee and now, no legs ... sounds like a standard Friday night in Brissy :)

Back