Parking lot design help?

k4kfh

I have a space behind the small engine shop in my yard that I would like to put a paved parking lot. I already have some Woodland Scenics paving plaster and all the stuff to make it, but I am a little lost on the design. There's a track that runs around behind it that I cannot remove, so the area is triangle shaped. The track isn't a maintenance track, so I don't need anything special around the track. And I don't necessarily have to fill the whole white triangle area, but I can.

Here's a picture from above the shop. I'd like to have a way for vehicles to get to the roll-up door, and I'd also like to have some parking spaces. If y'all could draw some crude mockups of how you'd lay it out, that would be awesome!
20170427_174521.jpg

Any suggestions appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
I see the lot as one of two ways:

1.A truck backs up to the door so it loads from the rear. It must swing pretty much along the tracks. That leaves a couple of parking spaces - turn the green car 90 degrees and put it closer to the building.
2. A truck pulls up along side the door, and loads from the side. Then the parking spaces consist of the front bumpers toward the track; car perpendicular to the track.

Either way, much of the parking lot (and the access road) will be in the aisle and merely implied.

Back