Pacific Electric Sunday

malletman

Alcohaulic
Spent last night working on decaling one of my PE cars that I recently painted. A family picture was in order. These are all of my Suydam/Orion Models cars. The middle two are my newest purchases and are next inline for the paint shop. The 1360 Combine and the 71' Blimp need can motors yet. That is really the only upgrade I do to these older models, the smoothness of can motor is nearly unbeatable. And the hollow shell of an interurban really amplifies any motor noise, so the quieter and smoother a motor runs, yields a quieter model. No DCC is planned, and I do run off the overhead wire or will when I get it put back up on the new layout. Traction is a seldom seen and not talked about much part of the hobby. 3d printing is bringing many current light rail cars to the market for those that wish to model modern interurban action. And plenty of these older brass imports are out there. The huge PE Blimp coach cost me less than most any new diesel on the market today. You need less cars for a working layout, keeping costs down, and the work of putting up the overhead wire will keep one busy for many hours. But the end result is incredible to watch. Mike the Aspie.
Suydam-Orioncars.jpg

MIKE - Those simply look stunning. Hope you show us some pic when building the overhead wire.

After seeing a few of the trolleys at the OERM - I may have to build a small layout- say a 4x6, 4x8 - lots of railroading in a small space!

Here is a pic of the painted car running under the wire on my past little layout. Reworking that layout now, need to put the wire and poles back up again here soon. Mike
44455944-279138065917659-7414694281249554432-n.jpg

Back