Paasche Paint Booth

MMM going to go out on a limb :rolleyes:here I built my own yes I know all about the dangers and all. I nic-named it the "spray booth from hell" and it cost me $87.00 and about 6 hrs time do I dare post pics ???:rolleyes:

Sure, lots of us have made home-built spray booths. Assuming your exhaust motor is either intrinsically safe or is isolated from any contact with the paint or fumes, they are generally safe. Back in the days when I had a decent machine shop, I was a pretty good metal bender and built several spray booths and didn't manage to blow myself up. :)

Sure, lots of us have made home-built spray booths. Assuming your exhaust motor is either intrinsically safe or is isolated from any contact with the paint or fumes, they are generally safe. Back in the days when I had a decent machine shop, I was a pretty good metal bender and built several spray booths and didn't manage to blow myself up. :)
Well sort of:rolleyes::eek: LOL I used a 6 inch in-line duct fan that moves 260 CFM of course there is a filter system that is in front of the fan/duct work and so far to date I have not blown myself up :D:rolleyes:

Hmm...if the motor is in the direct air flow of the paint fumes and it's not rated as intrinsically safe, I'd look at getting it out of the air flow and moving it to the outside of the exhaust duct. If all you use are acrylics, it's not a problem but, if you use solvent based paints, there's always a chance of a motor spark and fumes coming together at just the wrong time. I had a friend who, although he survived with minor burns, did manage to destroy his garage because of a poorly designed motor install. :eek:

After a very difficult process with the Canadian supplier for this paint booth (long story but the price was $100 cheaper then anyone else) I can say without a doubt that this was money very well spent. I can't imagine ever painting again without one. Whether you buy or build your own I think a booth is a must have for anyone who plans to paint or weather with an airbrush.

Back