Organizing desk/workbench

Second drawer finished and tools are in there . Desk top a little cleaner . Next dumb question is what are u using for a light magnifier ? Have one but not pleased with it , won’t stand by itself unless base is clamped . Light and magnifier work well but pita to try and move around .
mike

Second drawer finished and tools are in there . Desk top a little cleaner . Next dumb question is what are u using for a light magnifier ? Have one but not pleased with it , won’t stand by itself unless base is clamped . Light and magnifier work well but pita to try and move around .
mike

Within a week of organizing my workbench it becomes cluttered again…
I cleared it all up in early January and now..what happened?
Glue, knives, paint, mixed paint, kit parts, opened and partially built kits…
I think it’s hopeless cause…but I do it every couple of weeks

Usually I carry stuff upstairs ton the dining room where the light is the best for assembly…

The work bench I use for airbrushing and oil painting..

Sometimes not sure if brain functions at all , thinking about solution for magnifying light not tipping over I’ll just put a weight on the base . Sure I have something laying around I can use.
mike

My brain cramp rather than weight . Slides and pivots .

Attachments

• IMG_1070.jpg
    IMG_1070.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 32
Wife made me towel I can stick my head thru and can catch parts in my lap . New problem for basement I have to work on radon mitigation or I can’t play trains . Oh well , always a setback of some kind or another . Hopefully will have radon system fixed by the end of the weekend .
mike

The first pic is my hobby & electronics bench. The tool holder on the back of the bench is a diagonal made from two-by lumber, with holes drilled to hold the most commonly used tools. Below are pull bins with adhesives, solvents, etc. The bench is made from heavy work bench legs, with wheels on the back legs. At my previous home/layout, the bench was stored under the layout, and pulled out for use. I have the luxury of a dedicated space at my current house.

I also have a roll-around cart, for doing work out on the railroad. It also holds large tools, such as my motorized wheel cleaning tool and test track. I modified it to two steerable wheels, and put a plug strip and wastebasket on it.

Finally, storage for supplies: crimp tools, machine screws, zip ties, fabrication materials, electronic components, etc.

Attachments

• IMG_1033.jpeg
    IMG_1033.jpeg
    595.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1034.jpeg
    IMG_1034.jpeg
    470.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1035.jpeg
    IMG_1035.jpeg
    653.2 KB · Views: 16
There's 3 bedrooms too many in this house, so my hobbies took over one when the kids moved out.
I would try to be neater, but, I've got so much stuff collected that one room is hardly enough to house it all.
There's not much to be said about organizing, other than I seem to know where everything is. Only a small space on the desk is required for modelling. The rest of the desk is a parking lot for paints and glue.
HobbyDesk_05-02-2024.JPG

There's 3 bedrooms too many in this house, so my hobbies took over one when the kids moved out.
I would try to be neater, but, I've got so much stuff collected that one room is hardly enough to house it all.
There's not much to be said about organizing, other than I seem to know where everything is. Only a small space on the desk is required for modelling. The rest of the desk is a parking lot for paints and glue.
View attachment 186921
Now that looks like mine!;)

Back