Opinions-best methods for forested area

Could go the puffball route, and line the front with good quality trees. Just Google puffball trees, and tons of videos, and how-tos are out there. If done right, it can be pretty convincing.

Hi,

I would use super trees. I made them as individual trees, but you wouldn't have to finish the trunk and could go with just dipping the crown in the glue and sprinkling with the foliage.

These are super easy to make. Some people use hair spray to adhere the foliage. I don't think you would regret going this route.

hope this helps Dave

Hi,

I would use super trees. I made them as individual trees, but you wouldn't have to finish the trunk and could go with just dipping the crown in the glue and sprinkling with the foliage.

These are super easy to make. Some people use hair spray to adhere the foliage. I don't think you would regret going this route.

hope this helps Dave
Dave-do you have any images you can share where you have this method making a forest-y area? :)

Here are some pictures. I don't usually take photos from above so most of them show the sides, they could be crowded together easily enough, however:

country1.jpg

In the above shot, the super trees are mixed with two commercially made trees

a final view 034.JPG

Above, they are all super trees

flange 007.JPG

The super trees are along the right side

amill 004.JPG

above, the super trees are to the left of the conifers. There is a light directly above these trees which washes them out a little.

After these projects, I decided to best blend these trees with the backdrop, I would use some of the exact same paint product on both the tree foliage (blended in) with a mist or dabs of the color and the same paint on the backdrop

hope this helps, Dave

Here's some of my layout photo's...

IMG_0359.JPG

Puff ball trees on the slope in the background and ground foam clusters in the foreground.

IMG_0338.JPG

More puff ball trees in the background with a mix of Woodland Scenic and other manufactured trees.

IMG_0354.JPG

Wooded section along the branch line...mostly Scenic Express trees.

IMG_0377.JPG

The back ground is a mix of Scenic Express trees and the foreground ground foam and trees.

Greg

Back