Old New Members?

bob

Administrator
Staff member
Or is that new old members? Either way, it's not important. When we copied over the forum software, everyone's counters got reset to zero. So even if you've been a member for 10 years and posted 1,000's of messages, it may show you as a "new member" until you post a few more things.
There is no significance to the 'rankings', all members have the same account type and permissions etc. and they can safely be ignored. As you post and visit, it will realize you're a regular and the title will change.

Neither of those things really bother me but will the moderators titles be moderator?

One other thing, is there a way to "set" the font type other than typing in the default then changing it each time via the menu?

Neither of those things really bother me but will the moderators titles be moderator?

One other thing, is there a way to "set" the font type other than typing in the default then changing it each time via the menu?

Sorry, I hadn't gotten around to picking up your "staff" badges from the printer. Here you go... Click...

I don't know that you can set a preferred font.

Hi Tony, I don't believe I've ever used the moderator title, leaving it off sort of blends you in with the crowd they all know who the moderators are and respect that you are still one of the group so not likely to jump on them for trivial misdemeanors where only a private caution message is necessary

Fonts under the A V before the "T" in the banner at the top

Last edited:
So, even if I had 10,000 posts, we are all on a level playing field; now, and your saying I can't boss Tony Wombat around anymore? Well, using the most common come-back in use today: "It is, what it is"!

The number of posts only tells how active a member is in posting, no extra privileges there. I have little idea of how many posts i had, well over 1000 most from the earlier days when I was an active modeller. Then for the past few years my world turned upside down. I did very little posting, just deleted spam settled a few arguments just tried to keep the peace. The forum software was fantastic for handling spam, it even allowed me to dump a Hacker ( I wont go into that, might need it the future) it sure surprised me to see him gone without a trace never to return :) Anyway I'm on the next call up on the PL network have to go

So, even if I had 10,000 posts, we are all on a level playing field; now, and your saying I can't boss Tony Wombat around anymore? Well, using the most common come-back in use today: "It is, what it is"!

No, the number of posts is still there and accurate (you’re at 2003 at the moment BTW). What reset was the little tag under your name. Everyone showed as “new member” for a bit. Once you post or visit a few times, that goes away.

If you post a lot, like you do, you get an “active member” tag. Active members get 10% off of all forum memberships. That’s a savings of... hmmm dividing by zero seems to confuse my calculator...

The number of posts only tells how active a member is in posting, no extra privileges there. I have little idea of how many posts i had...

That should be “have”, not had. They’re all still here, and if you click on your profile you’ll see how many you have. In your case, it’s well over 4,000 and counting.

Just click on your name to view your stats. You can do the same for others as well.

Well as I sit here :) corrected, thanks Bob Wow you mean I have over 4000 posts, as Jed Clampet would say " well doggie!" Hmmm it also took my incognito away, really didn't need it anyway

No more sneakin' up on us and like Willis, I had no idea of my posts until this came up ... and apparently I need a life! :)

You just keep right on doing what you're doing, no stopping now!

I suspect a lot of them are in the coffee shop. Everyone writes a paragraph or so, the somebody replies. So a "conversation" can rack up 20 posts in no time. Also, notice next to that number is the date you started, about 6 years ago. So when you spread them out over that long, they accumulate.

Oh, I have no intention of stopping, at least not voluntarily and, 6 years here, darn I think that's the longest relationship I've ever had :)

Back