OK the Weekends Here! What are you doing?

Hi Jon, quite an interesting site, looks like very well done excellent kit scenes. About the only idea that would fit across the pond here is the model plane club. The few Castles in this country are not that old and are well looked after and still in use, so Medieval castles are kind of out. I was really taken by the (spitfire) aircraft dig but again not for this side of the pond. Thanks for the link, it's an interesting site. At the time I guess I was really looking for a whole scene, however I'll most likely have another look and see what parts of some different scenes might fit .
Cheers Willis

A crossing with gates and lights etc. would be overkill for a dead-end road to a farm, that would most likely just have the X signposts and the private crossing-use at own risk signs. If you did model a major road, you could always model a recovery operation for some drunk who missed the corner and is out in the rhubarb half buried in mud.

model a recovery operation for some drunk who missed the corner and is out in the rhubarb half buried in mud.
You know that's an excellent idea! however a bit small for the area which is about 11 inches by 48 in. but it's a scene to keep in mind. I agree that a dead end would be a ridiculous place for a complete xing scene and it's being re located to another location which will have it's own scenic difficulties. The culvert could also be a one lane passage from a two lane rd., or if I add a second culvert it would complete a second lane. The prototype does have a similar location like this in the next town.
The crossing will be here ( pic.) in a small town if possible.
Cheers Willis

Willis,

Sorry if I miss the point here, but how about a sportsmens club?
You could use a small building for the clubhouse and a 50 yard shooting range with 3 or 4 gun benches and maybe a small fishing pond.
Add a dirt lot for parking and you're in business. :)

Mike

With the farm, that level section could be a private grade crossing for the farm - you could even use the Blair Line wooden crossing pieces that Walthers seems happy to leave on sale.
http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/184-165

I think they come two to a package, and this is what I turned mine into:
(look at the one on the right)

PB070005_001.sized.jpg

Add some simple crossbucks and you've got a crossing.

Unfortunately no Modeling this weekend and maybe not most of the summer. Remodeling time again. Redoing a bedroom into a master suite. Whirlpool tub, marble top vanity and a walkin closet. This room was done back in 1987 and I have learned a lot from the mistakes this room has and I made em all. Started demolition today and will continue for a couple more days afore the rebuilding can get started.

Hi All, sorry folks I was away most of the day helping a friend moving.
Hi Jon, that is a very well done module, it's a real nice scene. If you don't mind me asking, it looks like it's Z scale and mounted in a Television cabinet. Did you build it?

Sorry if I miss the point here, but how about a sportsmens club?
You could use a small building for the clubhouse and a 50 yard shooting range with 3 or 4 gun benches and maybe a small fishing pond.
No you're right on the mark, I'm asking for ideas. What I find is when there are a number of ideas, individual points from each can be combined to come up with something different. Yes I'm bouncing between an agricultural and a recreational scene. I think after the RR crossing we will have the vehicle recovery operation from a ditch, duck pond or something. The 11 inch width may be too narrow for a farm scene, but parks, shooting ranges or golf would fit in nicely
Blair Line wooden crossing pieces that Walthers seems happy to leave on sale
Hi Jeff, LOL even our smaller hobby shops can't deal with Walther's. (Too expensive) You are right on the wood crossing, I plan to do one using balsa. In fact in the 70's there were wooden plank crossings around here, it was easier for the RR to do maintenance on the crossing, however they weren't the smoothest to drive over. Question :D How did you do your pavement? ( Looks Good) roads to recreational areas are paved, to farms? well if they're lucky to be on a route somewhere else. :D
Keep the ideas coming, the csene will develope.
Cheers Willis

No, I didn't build that TV layout, but I was at an all Z-scale module meeting last weekend. There was some really nice layouts there.

Back