O scale Pawling NY station project

NYC_George

I started my O scale Pawling, NY station project yesterday. The station will be put on the top of my helix. Pawling is my hometown so I know the station well. I did some work but most is a mock up of the track side view. The station had a dinner because Pawling is the half way point between New York City and North Adams the final destination on the Harlem line in the 1950's. That's why the water tower was placed in Pawling and not some other town. There was a 20 minute water filling time which was also a chance for passengers to grab a bite to eat.

station_6.jpg

station_real.jpg

George

Got a few more things done on my Pawling, NY RR station. It's a none functional station that will sit on top of my helix and I'm not really sure what scale it is? S, O or in between.

station_35_03_03_18.JPG

station_36_03_03_18.JPG

George

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes Tony the interior to. I already made the station waiting room benches and I'm now working on the diner wooden stools as pictured in the 1868 station diner photo below.

Pawling_horse_shoe_diner_1.jpg

George

Thanks Chet. I changed my mind about using the peel & stick type roofing and decided to use Plastruct roofing sheets instead. Save a lot to time and money.

George

Thanks Rico. Tony your right it was a good idea to use the Plastruct roofing otherwise I'd be still doing that peel and stick for hours at a time. I ordered some pot belly coal stoves and other detailed parts but what I would really like to make is one of those phones that were attached to an accordion type mechanisms. You know what I talking about? The phones they use to have in the stations. The station masters pulled the phone to talk and then pushed it away after they were finished. I'm trying to think what I would need to make one?

George

I would like to make one of these station master phones. I see they want $195.00 for a real one on ebay.

ststion_master_phone_1.JPG

station_master_phone_2.JPG

George

I went on line to by a S scale freight car that I would have to cut in two for my Pawling RR station project made me think about creating one out of styrene. So yesterday I got together a few pieces of styrene I had left over from other projects and this it what I created. I didn't have a S scale freight truck so I thought a HO passenger truck might work in a pinch. The truck will have to do until I think it's worth it to spend the $15.00 for a S scale truck. The car came out better then I thought. I looked on ebay for a cheap freight car decal and bought a dry transfer type for $4.00 and free shipping. I've never used any type of dry transfer lettering. Has anyone here used one?

freight_car_3.jpg

freight_car_1.jpg

freight_car_2.jpg

George

Olie when I realized I would have to pay $50.00 for a car that would be cut in two. I did some quick calculating.

No Iron that's a truck off a cheap old HO NYC passenger car I bought years ago. It's bigger than a normal HO freight truck. I wanted to buy a S scale freight truck but they wanted $15.00 plus shipping. Maybe if win a good size horse bet I'll go for the latter?

George

Back