NOW: just an intellectual exercise - Switch track Time-Saver modified

Y3a

Stuck in the 1930's
I have been thinking about a new layout to cure the "Sick of Model Railroading" Blues. A Switch Track Time Saver (John Allen) type track plan, but based on a 2 track oval. It can be a single track with crossover so it looks like a two track layout. Many sidings, many industries. Because of the length between sidings and all it can even have a coal tipple on the "mountain" side. So I'm just thinking about this in my head. Do Y'all start possible plans this way?

Yes. After visiting Bar Mills last summer, I got the bug to do a seaside, upper New England layout. My thought is pretty much the same as yours- incorporate it into John Allen's Timesaver. I have an existing "long-term, temporary" layout that is an odd dogbone and I'd like to add the Timesaver to it on the 4X8 portion. Will I? Right now I'm thinking yes. Except it'll just be rearranging the existing track. It would connect at two of the three tracks in the rear.

Anyhow, I'm not sure if that's the feedback you were looking for. Those are my thoughts/ideas.

Back