Northwestern Pacific RR #3906

NWP Dave

I have not contributed to the forum for quite some time. Thanks to information and techniques of everyone's forum posts, my modeling skills continue to improve. The Northwestern Pacific layout that I help with is progressing a little slower than expected due to work schedules, etc. Anyway, here is the last car I built and I wanted to share my finished model with the members of the forum. A backwoods logging flatcar with a permanent fuel/oil tank, transporting a steam donkey.

I have been working on a web page (http://www.davestrainsandtrees.com/) but get overwhelmed with how to present everything, so it is a bit unorganized at this point. Also, I'm not sure if I'm posting this info correctly (that's how long it's been).

Attachments

• nwpflatcar3906.2.01.jpg
    nwpflatcar3906.2.01.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 233
  • nwpflatcar3906.2.02.jpg
    nwpflatcar3906.2.02.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 215
  • nwpflatcar3906.2.03.jpg
    nwpflatcar3906.2.03.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 236
  • nwpflatcar3906.2.04.jpg
    nwpflatcar3906.2.04.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 229
From my viewpoint, You are doing a great job on the website that you are creating.
That being said, I feel that the background color needs to be a lighter green, or ...
The lettering should be a brighter yellow/orange.

To me (and it's just my opinion) the colors used on this website are perfect and cannot be improved on.
I very seldom spend any time on a site with a black background.

From my viewpoint, You are doing a great job on the website that you are creating.
That being said, I feel that the background color needs to be a lighter green, or ...
The lettering should be a brighter yellow/orange.

To me (and it's just my opinion) the colors used on this website are perfect and cannot be improved on.
I very seldom spend any time on a site with a black background.

Thanks for the comments. It's nice to share what we do as modelers with others and rewarding to receive opinions.

Regarding the website colors I wanted a pullman green/yellow lettering theme. Also, to keep in practice, I am writing/using html code for the website rather than a web site builder.

Ok - I happen to be about as thick as a concrete block when t comes to the workings of computer; however, I appreciate you not throwing said concrete block at me.
On my computer, the yellow appears to be somewhat an orange shade - especially if the screen is not positioned in a certain way? Would it be difficult to make it more Yellow?

Back