Noch Layout for N scale

Docamazon

Hi folks,
Hope you can help me out with a layout question. Am hoping to to purchase the Noch Ho layout called Mittenwald which is sold in the US by Reynaud European imports. Layout is pretty much the perfect design I am looking for except I want to adapt it for the N scale Kato Unitrack. Was wondering if you think this would be workable with the available curved track radii that Unitrack now has available. Layout is pretty pricey so am reluctant to pull the trigger on the purchase till I know it would be suitable for my plan. Thank you for your time and help!
John

I cannot answer regarding Kato N scale Unitrack since I model in HO. Layout is meant for HO and you might be better off equipping it with HO track, which the vendor has recommendations for. Attempting to use N scale track and equipment will result in "Horribly Oversized" structures, bridges, tunnel portals and scenery in general. If you still want to go forward, then using flex track will be your better option than Unitrack. You would be able to follow the roadbed more precisely. If you already have N scale equipment then you may have little choice. I find that N scale is a bit hard for my eyes/hands to work with. If you haven't done so already, you might consider asking the vendor this question.
That's going to be one heck of a box!

Back