Newcomer from the Chicago area.

Warehouse5

Highballer
Hello from the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago!

I'm thinking of returning to the hobby. The last time I modelled was back in my early teens. Now I'm an adult with some disposable income for the hobby. What triggered my interests was the almost ethereal Pioneer Zephyr at the MSI here in Chicago.

My experiences were many in my childhood -- but after seeing today's offerings I'm really considering myself a newcomer.

Are there any railroaders from Michigan here? My grandfathers served (and some HO craftsmen) on Grand Rapids' legacy roads (Pennsy and Pere Marquette) through the eventual consolidations.

Looking forward to any conversations about the hobby and anything railroad (public transit, passenger and freight) related.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those Zephyrs are beautiful I hope someday to model the Flying Yankee. Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the forum and don't think about coming back to the hobby.........just do it!! Lots of friendly people here willing to help if you have questions. The equipment available today is just as impressive as the Zephyr.......and some of it is even a little cheaper!:rolleyes:

Appreciate the welcome.

I'm taking a different approach to the hobby by designing and building all locomotives and rolling stock. All units and will be self engineered from scratch.

I've started preliminary sketches for original locomotives based on existing FRA committee recommendations, AAR MSRPs, etc. to keep my designs as authentic as possible. No pie in the sky -- so to speak.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back