new to the site

This is the first time on this site, if I go about poasting wrong let me know.
I was wondering, any one do battery, RC outside in O gauge, have a guzillon question on this subject! JR

I was wondering, any one do battery, RC outside in O gauge, have a guzillon question on this subject!
Welcome to the forums JR, as to your question I don't know of any members do "O" gauge RC but we have at least one member "Lady Railfan" who has a battery, RC "G" gauge loco on a garden layout.

Cheers Willis

thanks for the welcome,CBNSfan and jbaakko, well I have some ideas but limited funds, was hopping to run some of them buy every one and see if they would work before I spend any money,some questions like battery size, motor control, radio type, what would work for rail as I have a large area to cover and scale rail is to costly, thanks agin for the welcome JR

Welcome aboard, J.R. I don't know a darn thing about garden railroads or radio control so I can't be of much specific help to you but there are a few guys here that can. If you do a Yahoo seach on "Garden Railroads", you'll find lots of websites of and for garden railroad enthusiasts.

Hello JR and welcome.

There is a fellow who is doing exactly what you are asking about. He's converted a few 3-rail engines to battery and RC control to run outdoors. He has his outdoor layout in Bristow, Va. (northern Virginia). I can ask if he minds if I post his how-to and diagrams here.

Greg Elems

This is the first time on this site, if I go about poasting wrong let me know.
I was wondering, any one do battery, RC outside in O gauge, have a guzillon question on this subject! JR

Greg, thank's for the wecome, hope your Holiday was a good one! I'm doing O scale but his input would be greatly appreciated, I've got some three rail that might be fun also, thanks again JR

Had a very nice Christmas JR, thanks. Hope you did too. I guess the next question is how close to scale are you planning on going? What the gentleman did was convert O scale 3 rail engines to run on 2 rail track but used RC and batteries. He left the O gauge tin plate wheels on that were on the engines when they ran on 3 rail track. If you are leaning towards finer scale wheels then you probably should start with 2 rail equipment. The nice thing about his conversion it took locomotives that were discounted but still scale sized for his conversions.

Greg

Back