new to the site

Hellooooooooooow, hellooooOOOoooow any one in here??
I was hopping to see all kinds of talk gonig on, have some questions on some G16 loco's were runnin, any one opperating these kind's of equipment??

Your operation looks just fine, and fun, but why the EMD blomberg trucks on the passenger cars? It looks kinda tacky considering how expensive these things are. Do they make a Budd passenger car truck for te G-16 cars?

Last edited by a moderator:
your right a flame war is not what I want ether but you could use a little more finesse with your statements these are vintage train sets and were made and sold this way, we have taken great pains to keep them in original condition, the Kansas city southern set was the original set that ran in the Kansas City Zoo, it was built in 1948, the UP set we have was built in 1950 and the Mop set was built in 57 all three have be frame restored would need 16 pair so some where around 16 times $5.000.00 is just a little out of our price range!! as far as your comment's on our pride and extra effort to make it realistic how realistic is it to have passengers ride in gondolas as if they were some kind of cargo give me a brake!!! the Herman park thing has nothing to do with us! we are located in Kansas City Mo

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, I apologise then, for the lack of finesse. Sorry to sound so harsh and unfair also.

Those ciritcisms aren't directed at you, with the exception of the trucks, as I thought you were affiliated with that operation at the Houston Zoo, which is the link you provided above.

Actually I think the pictures are quite awesome, showing the great potential you can achieve by restoring thes into excellent looking operating pieces of amusement park history.

You're right, you are preserving G16 history by keeping these Miniature Treain and Railroad company products, and I certianly must commend you for keeping them in excellent condition.

So your operation is very nice, I think you're doing an excellent job, sorry for the negitave comments if I have offended you. :)

Could you post more photos of your operation?

I didn't give out any site must be some one Else I have no idea what you mean about the Houston zoo any way I would like to Post more pic's and would be interested to see some of yours!! we have a club member that's in the process of constructing a 3" scale 16" gauge pacific I know thats odd but it's our gauge and he's dead set on running it there at the park! they seam to be running in to some problems with the flanges! I built a pair of arch bar trucks for our work car and a pair of bentindorf for a flat car we have I have been kick-in around some plans for some bud pass. trucks I do agree locomotive trucks don't be long on pass. equipment good to talk to a fellow grand scaler, even though were not exactly scale, close though JR

Back