New Member into O-Scale 2Rail

Brakeman Hal

Hello, I'm Brakeman Hal. I joined just a short time ago this morning! I'd like to get into discussions with O-Scale 2-Rail modelers.

Thanks,
Hal
040.JPG

Iron Horsemen, my layouts have never been more than plywood, track ovals. a few accessories and trains. That goes for all my trains, O, HO and N.

O was several ovals with an O60 max curve, O48, O36, O31 were the other curves. The largest track was 17'x7' I think, I kept changing it. it was built using a pingpong table as the base and other furniture became imbedded as well.

HO was 2 curves, 18 and 22. On a 4X5 piece of plywood.

N was 1 oval on a 3'x5' piece of plywood. What ever size track that came with my Bachmann sets.

Most every oval had a siding :) in all scales!!! :)

Now everything is back in the box, except for those pieces without original boxes. I bought my final "resting place" ;) last December. I feel like I am still moving in. Other than a train under the Christmas tree, this house has yet to be blessed with any kind of layout. But I'm slowly working towards it. Health has been an off and on issue, but I found a rhythm I can maintain recently and as always; I am optimistic!

I hope you found the humor in my previous post. You are our resident electrical Engineer, among many other things.

I haven't seen much from Atlas O recently, in 2 rail versions, in terms of locos. From what I recall, Atlas O hasn't made a steamer as of yet.

I haven't seen much from Atlas O recently, in 2 rail versions, in terms of locos. From what I recall, Atlas O hasn't made a steamer as of yet.
They have an Atlantic, but they are three rail. Don't know if they have done a two rail version.

Thanks for looking into it for me!

Brakeman Hal
Price is no object?

Have one to sell? Sell now- Have one to sell?
MTH "O" Scale Reading 4-8-4 T-1 2 Rail Die-Cast Steam Engine w/DCC 22-3543-2

Be the first to write a review.

Seller information
sell_sa (1504 )
99.7% Positive feedback

Save this Seller

Contact seller

See other items

Condition:
New

Quantity:
2 available

Price:
US $929.99
$45 for 24 months *
Buy It Now-

Add to cart-

Add to watch list

30-day returns
Ships from United States

Shipping:
$22.00 Standard Shipping
Guaranteed by Thu. Sep. 06 | See details

Item location:
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States

Ships to:
Worldwide

Payments:
logoPayPal_51x14.png
CC_icons.png

Credit Cards processed by PayPal

logoPaypalCredit_104x16.png

*$45 for 24 months. Minimum purchase required. Apply Now | See terms
See paymentdetails

Returns:
Free 30 day returns | See details

Guarantee:
Money Back Guarantee | See details- opens in a new window or tabGet the item you ordered or get your money back.Covers your purchase price and original shipping.

Frequently Bought Together1/2

The price is reasonable, but a 4-8-4 Northern is too long, and it's not a Western road name.

I want a 2-8-2 or a 2-8-0 in UP, SP, SF, or GN.

Thanks!

Brakeman Hal

tootnkumin, I have track radii of 40", 45", and 50" on my O-scale folded dogbone layout.

I think a loco with 6 drivers will negotiate curves better than an 8-driver loco, although my GP-35 Diesel has no such problem, with its 4-wheel trucks!

Maybe I should go with a 2-6-0 Mogul, a 2-6-2 Prairie, or even a 4-6-2 Pacific used for light freight only.

Train Brake Released...Independent Brake Released...Cylinder Cocks Open...Johnson Bar Full Forward...Throttle Open...One Blast on Whistle...

Brakemen Hal
010.JPG

Back