New member from N.W. Indiana

Frankr409

Hello my name is Frank, new member here, not new to the hobby though. Currently working on the Barr subdivision of CSX and the interaction with Harbor belt in this area. Steel mills of Gary, oil refineries of East Chicago, Ford assembly plant of Calumet City, and a host of other small industries in the area.

I will be looking forward to meeting and making friends.

Bob, I am modeling in N scale. Love what you can do in a small size with it. Fortunately I have a very large size and I am slowly filling it!

Welcome Frank. New here myself. New to modeling too. Also doing N scale. Hope to see some picture's of your work.

I'm going to start a new layout this fall in N scale. It's been over 23 years since I had an operating layout. I've had two N scale layouts in the past and was undecided whether to go in HO or N this time. After seeing the advances in quality of the new equipment that is available, I've decided on N scale again. I'm going to have about a 10x16 area this time which will be much bigger than what I had in the past (4x8 and 2x4). And I'm planning on DCC this time. Can't wait!!

It's definitely going to be a lot bigger project than anything I've ever done before. Just hope the results are as good as I have in my mind. Time will tell, I know that I'm getting very impatient to get started. Hopefully, the results will be good enough to post pictures of. Have to get the room remodeled before I can start modeling.:p

Back