New mainline rework project

Motley

As part of my new mainline rework. I finally got rid of all the tight curves!

I replaced the two Y switch curves. The inside station track now connects to the inside main, instead of the yard. And I took out the other curve. And smoothed out the reversing section track that goes to the yard lead. The old curves were 23" and my passenger trains didn't like them, and wasn't able use the tracks.
The new curves are now 32" radius. And the reversing section is a lot smoother now, before it was way too sharp of an S curve.

I'm also reworking the yard tracks too.

Before:

P1010416.jpg

After:

P1000839.jpg

At our model railroad club we have left the ghost of some former trackage on the layout. It represents progress, and failures of the prototype that you see every day. Good looking layout by the way.

Nice Motley very cool looking layout ya'll are killing me I won't a layout bad, until then I get ideas from ya'll.

Big improvement Motley! Should improve operations dramatically....
I also like the idea of track remnants left behind, I usually have that somewhere on a layout.

Thanks guys, I appreciate all the great feedback.

So basically I have finished the two inside mainline tracks. Next thing to do is replace the station platforms and the concrete styrene around the station.

The right corner was also ugly with all the tight curves. The figure 8 loop I had was 24" radius. The new curves are now 32".

Before:

P1010418.jpg

After:

P1000841.jpg

Back