New LED's on main street

Re: " ... since I it doesn't include any trains."

Sac.jpg

I like it. All too often, we modelers tend to jam rail into every square inch of layout space. Often, especially now, there is no rail downtown. And there is mile upon mile of open space with no tracks running through it. But, that could be a bit boring on a layout.

So true. My layout was built mainly for switching and I wanted to have room for towns and the rail customers in the towns. My main line passes through the layout only one time. I could have had a longer main line by adding additional track, but I can live with the shorted main line run to have to towns and industries to detail.

I think JazzDad's comment of 'Sacrilege' was directed at me. Sorry, no trains in this area. Since I really wanted to do highway type setting and there was no way to connect the tracks from my existing layout, I'm just building this section without any tracks. Honestly, the trains to me aren't the focus of what I do. I really like building the buildings and scenes. I know, SACRILEGE!

I'm all for modeling city scenes. I would liked to had built a larger town, but I am modeling a more rural area and was using a lot of modelers license for my main town. They can have a lot of interesting details added to bring an area to life. You've done a nice job.

I think JazzDad's comment of 'Sacrilege' was directed at me. Sorry, no trains in this area. Since I really wanted to do highway type setting and there was no way to connect the tracks from my existing layout, I'm just building this section without any tracks. Honestly, the trains to me aren't the focus of what I do. I really like building the buildings and scenes. I know, SACRILEGE!

Don’t think it’s a sacrilege at all! I’m with you on the scenery, and the buildings are where I’m going to get most of my enjoyment.

Great lighting everyone, makes a great scene even better!

Back